After Having Lipo on my Back, arms, flanks, inner and Outer Leg is It Ok to Lose 40 Lbs?

I had lipo on my inner and outer legs,flank area,arms,and back. I was wondering if I lose 40 lbs. now will it mess up all the results from the lipo?

Weight Loss after Liposuction

+1

Weight loss after liposuction can improve the result, but the skin laxity can be issue as well as revealing possible contour irregularity.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Weight Loss & Liposuction

+1

The quality of your overlying skin and underlying muscular support can make a difference in general, as far as the impact of losing 40 pounds has on tissue appearance.  It's best to lose the weight slowly, as sometimes losing fat can make the overlying lax skin more apparent. How much fat was left behind after lipo and the quality of the skin, can all have an effect on the way you make look after a 40 pound loss.  You can always go back to your original surgeon and get their input.  Good luck!

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Weight loss post lipo

+1

No it will not but by losing the extra weight you will create more lose skin and who knows you may need to have a tummy tuck.Lipoonly removes excess fat.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss after liposuction

+1

Weight loss after liposuction in general is good if you need to lose the weight. Might it change the appearance of the areas treated?  It will probably make those areas smaller as well.

Benefits of Weight Loss After Liposuction

+1

After Liposuction Is Weight Loss Okay?

This question is asked by a patient that has had liposuction of abdomen, back, flanks, arms, and legs.  15 lbs of fat were removed totally.   The question now arises as to whether  a 40 lb weight loss is helpful or harmful. 
     After liposuction, weight loss is always a positive step if overweight.  Weight loss helps a nice improvement become a great result.  Weight loss facilitates the smoothness of the areas treated with liposuction.  I advise patients that are overweight to first reflect what we remove and then at least match what we took.  So if 15 lbs are suctioned, reflection means down 15lbs  and then matching means a total of 30lbs lost totally.   The results fall in the best ever for liposuction.  Go to you ideal weight if possible.
     After your liposuction never gain weight because your results will be progressively less impressive.   If you are over weight please do lose weight.  Every safe pound you lose will give you a better and better  post liposuction result.  Remember, at the least, reflect and match.  If you have question talk to your local plastic surgeon.  Be sure your surgeon is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.  ABPS and FACS are critical. 
     My best,  Dr Commons

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Can I lose 40 ounds after Lipo without changin the result?

+1

I think I have seen changes in results with 10 pound weight loses.  It think if you go about it slowly over time through simple increases in exercise and diet modification that you will have you best opportunities not to alter the results.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS