After Laser Surgery: when Can I Expect to See the Final Result?

I got a 2 cm gash on the inside of my upper lip from a biking accident 1 ½ month ago. It wasn't found necessary to sew. A week later the lip had "hard lumps" (scar tissue?), which my dentist removed with a laser two weeks after the accident. Now the hard lumps are gone, but there is still a visible lump/asymmetry when I talk/smile. When can I expect to see the final result? For how long time will my lip keep improve? The laser surgery was done a month ago now. I am 22 years old.

Scars and Healing Time

+2
In general, we tell patients it can take up to a year for a scar to continue to heal and improve. They actually will improve even more over more time. Having said that, it sounds like it might be a good idea to visit a surgical dermatologist (derm surgeon) or plastic surgeon to have the scar looked at. Scars on the lips or near the lips can be more visible - especially if they cross over the red line called the vermillion border. If it is causing pulling or asymmetry when you smile - I would have it looked at. There are lasers and surgical revisions that could be considered.
Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon