After Laser Hair Removal - Looks Like Scars, Are They Permanent? (photo)

I got the Laser hair removal on my legs couple of days back. I still have some bumps on my legs, and they look like scars and blisters now. Am I at a risk of having them permanently? If not, what can i do to make them heal. Any response at the earliest would be helpful, i am so worried!!!

Please see your dermatologist

+1

It looks like you have bruising more than anything...perhaps the pulse width on the laser setting was too short.  I agree completely with everything Dr. Calkin said.

Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon

Treatment of laser hair removal burns

+1

My recommendations for treatment of laser hair removal burns in the skin are as follows:
1. Keep the areas clean by washing with a mild soap twice daily.
2. If there is blistering, relieve the pressure and hasten healing time by gently popping all blisters using a sterile needle or pin at the side of the blister. This should be a painless procedure. Do not remove the roof of the blister but allow it to settle down so it is flush with the skin. The blister roof will then form a protective cover.
3. Apply Aquaphor Healing Ointment (available without a prescription) to all involved areas to keep them "greasy". The greasier the area is, the faster it will heal. The drier and scabbier the area gets, the slower it will heal.
4. Permanent scarring is unlikely but you have to guard against post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation by constant protection from the sun for these areas such as using protective clothing and sunscreens.
5. Make certain you are under a doctor's care and watch for signs of infection so that oral antibiotics can be started as soon as possible if necessary.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/laser-hair-removal/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser Hair Removal and worries about scarring.

+1
It does not look like you will have any scarring but you are at risk for pigment problems. Please be sure to keep any crusted or blistered areas moist with vaseline or Aquaphor at all times and practice STRICT sun avoidance as long as there is any pinkness. You should return to see the physician that treated you so that someone can check the areas in person. There are things we look for clinically that can't be ascertained in a photograph. Be sure the clinic where you are receiving treatment has a doctor in house, not just as a figurehead. Best to you.
Sacramento Dermatologic Surgeon