After Labiaplasty Surgery when is It Ok to Return to Yoga, Go Swimming or Go for a Run?

I recommend waiting 4 weeks for heavy exercising and swimming (provided wound healed completely).  I have my patients wait 6 weeks for sexual intercourse.

Returning to Running, Swimming, and Yoga After Labiaplasty

Generally, if the surgical site is healing well and without complications, at one month from the time of your surgery, you can return to running, swimming, or yoga.  Many patients will apply a lubricant for the first few weeks after resuming running or similar activities to minimize any irritation.  Sexual intercourse is allowed usually at 6 weeks after a labiaplasty.  Of course, the best recommendation is to ask your surgeon for their guidelines.  Best  of luck.

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty and return to activities

Sex in 6 weeks if all looks normal on last doctors exam. Running in 3 weeks. No pool for 3 weeks. The tissue in this area is fragile and it is better to let things heal a bit longer then risking a problem. Good Luck!

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Activities after labiaplasty

should be cleared with your surgeon.  In general, I am in agreement with Dr. Alter's guidelines and recommend the same for my patients.

Curtis Wong, MD

Activity after labiaplasty

I am conservative as I do not want any injury to my suture lines. If you had a wedge labiaplasty, I do not allow swimming or yoga for a month. Sexual intercourse is resumed at six weeks.  I do not perform trimming labiaplasties.  You really should ask your doctor.

Gary J. Alter, MD

Labiaplasty post-op activity

Although ever surgeon is a little different with their specific guidelines for their patients, I generally allow patients to resume stationary (seated or laying down) exercises after 2 weeks, swimming/bath-tubs/Jacuzzi and motion exercises after 3 weeks, and sexual activity after 4 weeks...pain and tenderness permitting.  Glad to help

Ryan Stanton, MD

Recovery after labiaplasty in Los Angeles

My patients who undergo labiaplasty procedures, whether they are mini labiaplasty or traditional labiaplasty procedures, typically wait one month prior to intimacy.  We advise all patients to set up a follow up exam before beginning an active or strenuous exercise regimen. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS