After Labiaplasty Surgery when is It Ok to Return to Yoga, Go Swimming or Go for a Run?

+1

I recommend waiting 4 weeks for heavy exercising and swimming (provided wound healed completely).  I have my patients wait 6 weeks for sexual intercourse.

Returning to Running, Swimming, and Yoga After Labiaplasty

+1

Generally, if the surgical site is healing well and without complications, at one month from the time of your surgery, you can return to running, swimming, or yoga.  Many patients will apply a lubricant for the first few weeks after resuming running or similar activities to minimize any irritation.  Sexual intercourse is allowed usually at 6 weeks after a labiaplasty.  Of course, the best recommendation is to ask your surgeon for their guidelines.  Best  of luck.

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty and return to activities

+1

Sex in 6 weeks if all looks normal on last doctors exam. Running in 3 weeks. No pool for 3 weeks. The tissue in this area is fragile and it is better to let things heal a bit longer then risking a problem. Good Luck!

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Activities after labiaplasty

+1

should be cleared with your surgeon.  In general, I am in agreement with Dr. Alter's guidelines and recommend the same for my patients.

Curtis Wong, MD

Activity after labiaplasty

+1

I am conservative as I do not want any injury to my suture lines. If you had a wedge labiaplasty, I do not allow swimming or yoga for a month. Sexual intercourse is resumed at six weeks.  I do not perform trimming labiaplasties.  You really should ask your doctor.

Gary J. Alter, MD

Labiaplasty post-op activity

+1

Although ever surgeon is a little different with their specific guidelines for their patients, I generally allow patients to resume stationary (seated or laying down) exercises after 2 weeks, swimming/bath-tubs/Jacuzzi and motion exercises after 3 weeks, and sexual activity after 4 weeks...pain and tenderness permitting.  Glad to help

Ryan Stanton, MD

Recovery after labiaplasty in Los Angeles

+1

My patients who undergo labiaplasty procedures, whether they are mini labiaplasty or traditional labiaplasty procedures, typically wait one month prior to intimacy.  We advise all patients to set up a follow up exam before beginning an active or strenuous exercise regimen. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS