How Would I Look After I Have One Kid After a Mommy Makeover?

hi am 38 yo and my wieght is 234 ,i have no kids but i will love to have one.i have a lot of loose skin and streach marks almost all over me . am so shy of my body that i dont allow anyone one to see me naked and because of that i have not dated for five years now . my question is can i have mommy makeover and have kid later and how bad will i look after i have one child

Mommy Makeover

+2

The timing of surgery depends upon the motivation of the patient to a large extent. If this surgery will improve your self esteem and allow you to pursue your life interests, it is perfectly sensible to do it now. You would have to have the understanding that after a pregnancy it is possible (but not certain) that your abdominal wall and skin would not recover from the stretching that occurred and that you might want a secondary procedure. 

It is hard to predict the "damages" after a pregnancy. But the overall vast majority of women recover without feel the need for a makeover. 

Thanks and best wishes. 

Mommy Makeover Before Children

+2

I recommend that patients wait until after they have children to have a mommy makeover. There is no reason why you could not have children after a full recovery from this procedure, but you would most likely need another surgery to reverse the bodily changes experienced during pregnancy. Best of luck!

Jaime Perez, MD
Mommy Makeover Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Having a Child after Mommy Makeover Surgery?

+2

Generally, I recommend that patients wait until they are done having children to have their mommy makeover procedure.  If you have the mommy makeover procedures and then get pregnant, you will most likely have to have revisionary surgery due to the changes the body undergoes after pregnancy.

It is safe (for mom and the baby) to get pregnant after the tummy tuck surgery - just know that the muscle repair, etc. may be "undone" by the pregnancy.

Mommy makeover before having kids?

+2

As plastic surgeons, we generally don't recommend mommy makeover procedures until you are all done having kids.  The reason is that any future pregnancies may undo the benefits of your mommy makeover procedure.  Please talk to a board certified PS to learn more about your options.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Mommy Makeover Prior to Pregnancy

+2

As Plastic Surgeons, we prefer to perform mommy makeover's after child bearing is complete,such that our patient's get a long lasting result that they can enjoy for many years.   In similar fashion, we prefer weight loss patients to be at a stable weight, such that we can perform surgery at a time in life when the result will be best maintained.  We know pregnancy will stretch the skin, soft tissues, and muscles again and take away from the longterm result.

Understanding you, I recognize that surgery to remove your excess skin will elevate your self esteem and confidence, which would in turn improve your quality of life.   In this type of case, I think surgery is very appropriate, with the understanding that your body will change after pregnancy.

I find the most rewarding aspect of my job to be the improvement in confidence and self esteem that I see in patients after a physical transformation such as this.  

I wish you a safe and healthy procedure!!

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Pregnancy after mommy makeover

+2

You can have kids safely after mommy makeover.  However, as you may know, women's body changes drastically through out the pregnancy.  If you have tummy tuck and gets pregnant, you will most likely have additional striae (stretch marks), loose skin, and stretched out muscle and require a revision tummy tuck afterwards.  I usually recommend my patients to be done with pregnancy prior to undergoing TT (abdominoplasty).

Sugene Kim, MD