How Soon After Juvedern Ultra in Nasolobial Folds Can I Use Retin A?

I just had juvederm done today. Also, they mentioned something about liquid food for today. Can i really move filler by chewing? what about brushing teeth/using dental floss? thank you!

Aftercare following Juvederm

+2

You should be able to resume Retin-A the day after your treatment. Fillers are injected in a deep dermal, or subdermal plane (beneath the outer skin layer) and they really shouldn't move around or be affected by your diet, chewing, or flossing.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Anything goes after a Juvederm filling session

+2

Telling people to only take liquid food after Juvederm injections is just plain silly.  I only recommend cool compresses, avoiding aspirin and other products which could augment bruising.  It is also best not to manipulate the areas as we send people home with the product feeling smooth to the touch.  There is always a bit of post injection swelling, so let that resolve before assessing for need for touchup.

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

No worry...use it right away if you want, no problem...and eat whatever you want...

+1

want to avoid excessive heat for awhile to minimize the risks of swelling for the trauma of treatment but eat whatever you want...especially things that taste good...like cookies...and don't worry about dental floss and tooth brushing...not an issue

Ken Landow, MD

Retin-A use after Juvderm

+1

There is no reason why you cannot begin Retin A use within 12 hours of treatment.  The only exception to this would be in those patients who experience aberrant swelling.  A liquid diet after Juvederm is a little bit perplexing.  You may have been over-instructed for a relatively low downtime procedure.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

How soon can I use Retin A after Juvederm?

+1

Usually waiting a few days before resuming Retin A or any vigorous treatment over the injected area reduces the possibility of skin irriation and additional swelling. You won't hurt the product but you just don't want to aggravate tissue that might be swollen, bruised or irritated.

Sam Naficy, MD

Juvederm or other Fillers and Retin A use

+1

I would advise waiting 48hours after filler (e.g. juvederm, restylane, radiesse) or Botox injection before restarting Retin-A. The reason for this is the microscopic holes in the skin from the injections which will be easily irritated by retin-A in the first 48hours.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm and Retin A

+1

You can eat normally and brush or floss your teeth after Juvederm.  If you have any redness or irritation from the injections, wait a few days before restarting your Retin A.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Juvederm ultra and retin-A

+1

I never heard of someone having toi have a liquid or soft diet after fillers. The fillers should not prevent you from using the retin-A.

Retin A after Juvederm

+1

Hi Dalila.  You can use Retin A immediately after Juvederm.  The only issue would be if you were pressing on the face, messaging the area or getting something like a facial.  You would not want to do these things for a couple days after treatment.

Not sure why someone would mention what you eat or brushing your teeth.  Neither one matter for injections.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Resume your usual routine after Juvederm.

+1

You should be able to resume your normal skincare routine right away after Juvederm.

No, you will not move your filler around by brushing your teeth or eating. However, if your lips are numb for a few hours from pre-injection nerve blocks, you might want to wait until you have more normal sensation before eating.

Lisa Chipps, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon