After Having Implants for 30 Years (The Inventor of the Implant Did my Surgery) I Am Considering Having an Explantation Done?

How do I find a surgeon who specializes in explantation ? As I will not be replacing them I am aware of the deformity I face. Is the "reconstruction" done at the same time? Or at a later date by some one else?

Breast implant removal

+1

Breast implant removal is usually a fairly straight forward procedure. If you have tight capsules, often these are removed.  As for breast reconstruction it really depend upon how much tissue is present, and how the breasts respond to the removal. It can often be staged.

Breast implant explantation

+1

Sice you had a very old implant, you may have calcification of the capsule, and need a total capsulectomies. Whether the reconstruction is done at the same time or at a later stage would depend on the shape, volume and quality of the breast and skin.