After implant, infection/inflammation and with pain?

taking Ciprofloxacin and ibuprofen. It's been two weeks, but pain is getting worse

Pain post-op

+1
Best to check in with your plastic surgeon because increased pain can be indicitave of a worsening infection. Best to call immediately.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Kimberly Henry

+1

So sorry to hear about your current situation! I suggest, if you haven't already, to go straight to your doctor to get evaluated. I am not sure how to give additional advice, without more information; however, if it has been two weeks on an antibiotic, your implant(s) may need to be removed. Also, continue seeing a doctor until your symptoms have resolved. Best of luck!

Kimberly A. Henry, MD
Greenbrae Plastic Surgeon

Infection with breast implants

+1

Breast implant infections are rather uncommon, but when they do happen, they should be treated aggressively. If you have been diagnosed with an infection and it has not responded to oral antibiotics in two weeks, there is a good chance that you will need to have the implant removed. You should be seen by your plastic surgeon soon and changes in your treatment should be made.

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Pain increasing after infection of breast implant needs emergency evaluation

+1

Thank you for your question. If you have in fact been diagnosed as having an infection of the breast implant, and your pain is increasing you need to be examined by your plastic surgeon immediately. True, documented infection around a breast implant can be very serious and eventually have systemic effects. See your doctor immediately

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation and infection - Los Angeles

+1

Infection after breast augmentation should be treated aggressively to avoid longterm problems with your breast implants.

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Possible infection

+1

You must be in contact with your surgeon or whomever is covering for your surgeon. You need to be evaluated and treated if its truly an established infection.

Curtis Wong, MD

Infection

+1

An infection around an implant is often very difficult to cure with antibiotics alone and you may need to remove your implants. I would see my surgeon

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation

+1

If the pain is getting worse 2 weeks out I suggest seeing your surgeon immediately, it seems that maybe your infection has not cleared appropriately

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC