How Soon After Hyaluronidase Injections to the Lip May a Filler Be Reinjected?

A friend of a friend who used to work as a physician's assistant for yet another friend opened, with another doctor, a medspa. Wanting to support her, I allowed her to inject my lips, which was a total disaster. My plastic surgeon injected vitrase to dissolve the filler (it hurt like the dickens, let me tell you), so now I'm wondering when I can reinject. I'd forgotten what my real lips looked like! Ugh.

Hyaluronidase & Lip Injections

+1

To be safe, I would wait one week after hyaluronidase before getting lip injections again.  Anytime you receive an injection, there is a possibility of bruising, swelling, bleeding and redness.  This typically goes away within a few days.  With that being said, you will want to make sure the area calms down and the side effects go away before getting any new injections.  I hope this helps!

Pittsburgh Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hyaluronidase for Restylane or Juvederm in the lips

+1

Hyaluronidase works well to dissolve the Restylane or Juvederm that is not wanted but studies have not evaluated how much of a lingering effect it has. Your lips deserve a rest after the trauma they have experienced; first the filler, then the injections of the hyaluronidase. It might be prudent to wait for a few weeks to minimize greater swelling or discomfort that you might feel if the filler is reinjected too soon.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Hyaluronidase works quickly

+1

Hi,

Fortunately you had a hyaluronic acid filler.  They are very safe because they can be dissolved.  Hyaluronidase works very quickly and does not hang around for long.  You probably could have an injection the following day.  But to be safe, I would wait a week to be sure things have settled down. 

Hope this is helpful.

Marc Cohen, MD
Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lip augmentation

+1

Find a better injecto, prferably a doctor atleast.

Hyaluronic acids, all brands do not stay long in the lips, one to three months at most.

No Radiesse to the lips, more lumpy.

Fat to the lips if done expertly can be very good and long lasting