After Gynecomastia Surgery, Chest Has Collapsed. What Can I Do? (photo)

i have Gynecomastia and i had Gynecomastia surgery 10 days ago. My photos are at the attachment. My both breasts has collapsed. as like crater. Can you tell me fix itself in 3-4 mounths. Otherwise i have to undergo an operation again. my physicology worse and my english too. thanks.

After Gynecomastia Surgery, Chest Has Collapsed. What Can I Do?

+1
This is too early to assess the outcome of your surgery.  Communicate your concern with your surgeon and give it some time to heal.  Good luck and be safe.

John T. Nguyen, MD, FACS, FICS
Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Too early to say

+1

I see what you are referring to and I understand your concern.  You are still quite swollen and this will improve. To what extent it is difficult to say but contour abnormalities are very common in Gynecomastia surgery. I would reevaluate in six to eight weeks and if your are concerned , discuss with your surgeon.  This can be corrected if it persist.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Gynecomastia Surgery and Contour Defromity?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

At this stage in your recovery it is much too early to evaluate the end results of surgery.

One of the potential risks associated with gynecomastia surgery is contour deformity related to over resection of glandular tissue and/or adipose tissue.  This is a risk that is explained to patients who are undergoing the procedure. Many patients who have gynecomastia are looking for the chest to be as flat as possible. Surgeons must  balance their desire to achieve the patient's goals with efforts to avoid over resection and contour deformity.

If the " contour deformity” remains an issue long-term, you may find that your situation will be improved upon with techniques such as fat grafting,  use of allograft/dermis as a filler and/or selective liposuction of prominent areas.

Deformity after male breast reduction surgery

+1

During gynecomastia surgery, most of the firm breast tissue is removed.  A certain amount should be left beneath the nipple to prevent a "saucer deformity" which it looks like you may have.  It is a little too early to know what the final outcome will be.  If the deformity remains, a combination of liposuction of the surrounding tissue and fat grafting the deficient tissue may be necessary.

York J. Yates MD - Utah.

York Jay Yates, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Depressions After Gynecomastia Surgery

+1

Board Certified Plastic Surgeons all perform gynecomastia surgery in pretty much the same fashion.  We make a small incision at the areolar skin junction and perform liposuction of each breast.  Once this is performed the remaining breast tissue is nicely defined.  The incision is then extended from the 3:00 to 9:00 position along the skin/areolar junction.  The incision should not extend onto the skin.  The breast tissue is removed leaving approximately 1cm on the underside of the nipple/areola to maintain its blood supply.  The wound is closed with internal sutures. A garment is worn for approximately 6 weeks. This method results in a nice chest contour. 

The depressions you have seem to be the result of removing the breast tissue and some of the fat but without the liposuction.  It's likely that you will need to have liposuction of the remaining chest to deminish the appearance of the depressions.

Christopher L. Hess, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia

+1

Although it is a bit early, it looks like you may have had too much removed. But you will need to give it time to settle down.

Gyneomastia

+1

Though it is too early, because you still have some swelling. But it seems that too much breast tissue was taken, and I do not believe any liposuction was done.

The design of the incision makes me think this was not done by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon (American Board Of PLastic Surgery)

Consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for full evaluation and treatment, Liposyction of the chest and possible fat grafting, or local tissue transfer.

+1

You could consider fat grafts to the depressed areas. Best to seek in person evaluations from boarded PSs in your area. 

Unstatisfctory Gynecomatia Treatment

+1

At less than 2 weeks after surgery it is too soon to reach any definitive conclusions. That being said your present result does not seem ideal. You have an omega shaped star which was placed on nplaced rest skin. The crater / shot glass deformity and raised periphery suggest that too much breat gland tissue was removed and, or not enough breast fat tissue was liposuctioned. You should wear a chest compression garment for a month after the surgery and begin to re-evaluate your situation in 4-6 weeks when things will be clearer.