After Giving Birth How Long Should I Wait to Have a Liposuction Transfer?

After giving birth to my first child i went back to my normal weight after 9 wks... So i decided to wait about a yr to have a mini tummy tuck and saline water breast augmentation Thats 6 yrs a go. I got pregnant again, im thinking of having a full tummy tuck, breast revision or exchange and liposuction transfer to buttocks. I dont mind waiting a few months for the first 2.. I dont know when is the best time for me to have the liposuction transfer? Im afraid i wont have enough fat if wait to long

Liposuction Fat Transfer after pregnancy

+2

Dany, I really understand your concerns. The best way to alleviate your concerns would be to make an appointment for consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. If you are thinking about fat transfer to the buttocks, many of our patients prefer to have liposuction of the abdomen, waist line and lower back to get the most fat prior to a full tummy tuck.

A full tummy tuck can be performed after a mini tuck and pregnancy. A minituck does not preclude a full tummy tuck in the future. Make sure you see a Plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons. Do your research well. There is a real difference between a cosmetic surgeon and plastic surgeon.

For a Fat Transfer

+2

Ideally you should be at your baseline weight before getting a fat transfer done. If you loose weight after the procedure, the fat that was transfered will also decrease in size.

Scott Loessin, MD
Key West Plastic Surgeon

Surgery after childbirth

+1

I would wait a minimum of six months to a year after having a baby and wait until you get down to your pre-baby weight.