After Full Tummy Tuck, when Can I Ride my Motorcycle Again?

Riding Motorcycle after a Tummy Tuck

+2

I would advise you to wait at least 6 weeks before you can drive a motorcycle, assuming there are no complications. It goes without saying you should NOT be driving anything as long as you may be taking pain pills and or cannot make a sudden turn due to discomfort. Owing to the power that may be required to steer a motorcycle I would wait until you can do so freely without straining the muscle repair.

Dr. Peter Aldea

+1
 As you can imagine, every patient has a different experience after surgical procedures. You are correct in that the tummy tuck operation will limit your activities when it comes to lifting and “core” movement. Ultimately, your plastic surgeon will be your best guide based on how you seem to be progressing and whether or not you have had any complications. Depending on your motorcycle and safety considerations, it is likely that you will not be driving her for at least 2-4 months.  During your recovery it will be important to increase your activity slowly and to listen to your body. Remember, safety first! Best wishes. 

After full tummy tuck, when can I drive my motorcycle again?

+1
Thank you for the question! Certainly, discuss this with your plastic surgeon, as answers will vary among surgeons. I typically say that whenever you are not taking narcotic pain medications and when you feel like you are strong enough to turn the steering wheel suddenly if needed, then you may resume driving. If you meet those requirements, take short trips around your block with somebody and see how you do.  The only issue is pulling up your bike as restrictions for lifting and straining are typically restricted for several weeks - discuss with your surgeon. Best wishes!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Riding a motorcycle after a tummy tuck

+1

The timing of riding your motorcycle after tummy tuck will likely vary according to the type of tummy tuck performed and your recovery. In most instances, I would believe that this would be possible at approximately 4 weeks but this decision should be made by your treating surgeon.

Activity after Tummy Tuck

+1

It is important to ask your surgeon regarding his/her specific postoperative protocol.   However, most generally recommend no heavy lifting or strenuous activity for approximately 5 weeks from your date of surgery.  You need to give time for all your incisions to heal.  After 5-6 six weeks, usually you will be cleared to resume activity as tolerated (Gradually).

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Ride your Harley in 3 weeks; ride your 'dirt bike' in 8 weeks.

+1

There are motorcycles and there are motorcycles. What do you ride?

A big bike can probably be done at 3 weeks. More 'athletic' bikes need more healing time before riding.

G. Gregory Gallico III, MD

Six weeks recovery time after abdominoplasty

+1

Surgeons usually recommend healing for 6 weeks after abdominoplasty before resuming full activity.  That is how long it usually takes the healing scar to reach 75% of it's full strength.  It is still more vulnerable than normal tissue so extreme activities should be avoided for longer.  Gradually resuming full activity is the best way to avoid injury.

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD
Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

Riding motorcycle after tummy tuck

+1

This is something you need to discuss with your plastic surgeon.   I tell my patients that they are not to do any physical activity for at least 2 weeks following tummy tuck.  After 2 weeks, they can slowly start increasing their level of activity.  I would consider riding a motorcycle strenuous activity.  Good luck!

Dr. Singer

Elan B. Singer, MD

Tummy Tuck and Returning to Full Activity

+1

If you were my patient, I would say after 6 weeks you may ride your motorcycle.  I generally allow my patients to return to full activity, including sit ups and weight lifting at about 6 weeks time.

You should still ask your surgeon what he or she recommends.  Every surgeon has a different routine.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

After Full Tummy Tuck, when Can I Ride my Motorcycle Again

+1

You should ALWAYS follow the surgeon's post operative protocol. I recommend 6 to 8 weeks to my patients after a full tummy tuck if all the healing has been as expected.