After Full Tummy Tuck, when Can I Ride my Motorcycle Again?

Riding Motorcycle after a Tummy Tuck

+2

I would advise you to wait at least 6 weeks before you can drive a motorcycle, assuming there are no complications. It goes without saying you should NOT be driving anything as long as you may be taking pain pills and or cannot make a sudden turn due to discomfort. Owing to the power that may be required to steer a motorcycle I would wait until you can do so freely without straining the muscle repair.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Riding a motorcycle after a tummy tuck

+1

The timing of riding your motorcycle after tummy tuck will likely vary according to the type of tummy tuck performed and your recovery. In most instances, I would believe that this would be possible at approximately 4 weeks but this decision should be made by your treating surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/body-surgery-chicago/tummy-tuck/

Activity after Tummy Tuck

+1

It is important to ask your surgeon regarding his/her specific postoperative protocol.   However, most generally recommend no heavy lifting or strenuous activity for approximately 5 weeks from your date of surgery.  You need to give time for all your incisions to heal.  After 5-6 six weeks, usually you will be cleared to resume activity as tolerated (Gradually).

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com

Ride your Harley in 3 weeks; ride your 'dirt bike' in 8 weeks.

+1

There are motorcycles and there are motorcycles. What do you ride?

A big bike can probably be done at 3 weeks. More 'athletic' bikes need more healing time before riding.

Six weeks recovery time after abdominoplasty

+1

Surgeons usually recommend healing for 6 weeks after abdominoplasty before resuming full activity.  That is how long it usually takes the healing scar to reach 75% of it's full strength.  It is still more vulnerable than normal tissue so extreme activities should be avoided for longer.  Gradually resuming full activity is the best way to avoid injury.

Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

Riding motorcycle after tummy tuck

+1

This is something you need to discuss with your plastic surgeon.   I tell my patients that they are not to do any physical activity for at least 2 weeks following tummy tuck.  After 2 weeks, they can slowly start increasing their level of activity.  I would consider riding a motorcycle strenuous activity.  Good luck!

Dr. Singer

Tummy Tuck and Returning to Full Activity

+1

If you were my patient, I would say after 6 weeks you may ride your motorcycle.  I generally allow my patients to return to full activity, including sit ups and weight lifting at about 6 weeks time.

You should still ask your surgeon what he or she recommends.  Every surgeon has a different routine.

Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.feplasticsurgery.com/orange-county-tummy-tuck-newport-beach.php

After Full Tummy Tuck, when Can I Ride my Motorcycle Again

+1

You should ALWAYS follow the surgeon's post operative protocol. I recommend 6 to 8 weeks to my patients after a full tummy tuck if all the healing has been as expected. 

When can you ride your motorcycle again? Never.

+1

Okay, okay, I am sure motorcycles are a lot of fun and I just love the look of a good pair of boots and a good set of leathers.  That being said, I have spent way to many hours in the E.R. as a general surgery resident looking at motorcycle carnage.  There's a good reason they are refered to as "donor cycles" by transplant surgeons.

Lisa Lynn Sowder, M.D.