After Fraxel Will my Skin Brown Every Time I Get the Slightest Exposure to the Sun?

I had fraxel laser under my eyes about two months ago The first time I was exposed to the sun for a few minutes I ended up looking like a racoon. I used hydroquinone 4% cream which did little to improve it I followed up with a few IPL (I think) laser treatments which lightened it a little. I have just returned from Florida where I spend a few days with 45 sunscreen on my face at all times and once again I look like a racoon. Will I ever be able to lead a 'normal life" again and walk outside?

Sun damage, Fraxel and sunscreen

Your skin is extremely vulnerable to sun damage, especially after Fraxel or any skin resurfacing treatment.  It is imperative that you use sunscreen every day (reaplying often) and wear a wide brimmed hat and sunglasses to help lower the risk of hyper pigmentation.

Tacoma Plastic Surgeon

Strict Sun Protection After Fraxel

After Fraxel laser treatment it is very important to wear sunscreens that contain zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide. The skin will always be temporarily red for a few days after Fraxel. The redness can lead to hyper pigmentation (brown spots) if proper sun avoidance/sun protection is not followed. This is a risk that applies to each time we perform a Fraxel laser treatment or other similar laser.