How Soon After Fat Transfer Can Dermal Filler Be Injected?

I had a fat transfer of the nasolabial folds and marionette lines 10 days ago. The first few days it looked good but I'm already seeing the return of the folds and lines. Is it normal for this to happen, and so soon? I'd like to try Restylane next week. Do you think this would be too soon?

Following Fat grafting with Restylane

+1

Fat grafting is accompanied by swelling and inflammation which subsides in 10-14 days or so. You will also see a loss in volume associated with non-taking of some of the grafted fat but this would take longer to fully see.

If you want to follow it with Restylane, I would prefer that the swelling subside to allow for a more accurate placement of the Restylane and would prefer to wait 2-3 weeks.

Dermal or subcutaneous fillers after fat grafting or injection

+1

This will vary according to different practitioners. However, I would typcially advise patients to wait at least 3 weeks after fat transfer to minimize the potential for disrupting the blood supply to the grafted fat.

Restylane injection after fat inection

+1
Restylane can be injected 1 to 2 weeks after fat injections but usually fat injections do take several sessions to get the full effect. You can wait and do more fat or stop and have Restylane but what was the plan as mentioned by the doctor? Maybe that plan should be followed?

Swelling effect

+1

What you're seeing is swelling. A lot of the fat comes with fluid when injected. It is not as pure as we might think it is, that's why it's always better to correct or perhaps overcorrect the areas treated with fat transfers. In the first couple of weeks this swelling subsides. As for when an HA filler can be injected.

After those 2 weeks, its fine. Hyaluronic fillers are injected in the dermis and the subcutaneous tissue as fat and the interaction between the two of them if each have been placed correctly is minimal. This technique called the sandwich technique (where you have different fillers in different planes) have been show to provide optimum benefit and a great final look when done correctly.

Dubai Dermatologist