After Facial Liposuction There Are Depressions and Lumps on my Jawline, How Can I Fix This?

3 months ago i got alittle lipo on my lower face and jawline.i have depressions(hollowness)on one side of my face and on the other side of my face there are lumps and bumps on the neck-jawline. looks like indents that sink in. it does not look smooth or natural. my surgeon assured me that it will get better "the scar tissue takes 6months-1year to resolve" is what he says. Is this true? if not what are my options to fix this problem? Or could i gain 30pounds to fix the lost fat. age26 5'3 135lb

It is difficult to give you an answer without seeing before and after photos and knowing exactly what was done.

+1

It is true the lipo and SmartLipo on the neck can be tricky and do take some time to see the final results.  Some touch up or treatments of irregularities may be necessary in your case.  If you have already expressed your concerns to the doctor who did the procedure and you are still unsure, you may want to get a second opinion from another respected and experience liposuction specialist in your area.

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Lumps and bumps

+1

I would do heat and massage and wait at least 6 months.where there are depressions your doctor can do fat injections.In some areas of hardness maybe a little kenalog,a steroid can be injected but be patient.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Complications of facial liposuction

+1
Unfortunately, you haven't posted a photo, nor have you explained whether this procedure was performed by a board certified plastic surgeon. Generally, liposuction of the face has greater risks than in other areas. It is true that scarring takes between 6-12 months to resolve and you should allow the healing process to continue prior to contemplating any revision. Gaining weight would not re-create your pre-operative condition and I would not recommend that you attempt to do this.

Be cautious with facial liposuction

+1

Your comments should be a word of warning, as facial liposuction seems to pose more risks than rewards. Dents and irregularities are not uncommon, and corrrection can involve fat grafting to blend the area. Remember that facial fat loss is a hallmark of aging.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/liposuction

Irregularities after Lower Face & Jawline Liposuction

+1

It is difficult to give specific advise without a picture or exam but most of these irregularities get better after 3 months. If things don't improve, your surgeon may consider a small steroid injection into the lumps or fat grafts into the depressions. You may think about a 2nd opinion if there is no improvement by 6 months.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon