After a facelift and a mid face revision, when can I have another revision?

I had a facelift and a year later a midface revision in the temples (skin only). It has been 4 years now and my face is loosening up again. I have a round face, no wrinkles but thick cheeks and skin. How often can I have a mid face revision in the temples done? My skin just doesn't want to stay tight.

It's been four years, can I have a revision facelift?

+1
Four years is plenty of time to have a revision facelift. Make sure to consult with a surgeon who is experienced in revision facelift procedures so that you can have realistic expectations of what can be achieved. Good luck!.

When Can You Have a Second Revision Facelift?

+1
Since it's been four years, enough time has passed for you to have another revision facelift. Make sure you consult with a revision facelift expert who can address your concerns and help achieve your desired results.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

A properly executed facelift should not have to be revised in four years.

+1
After four years there is no contraindication to a revision but it is surprising that one would be required. A well executed facelift should last decades and even a lifetime.

You should normally wait at least 6 months to do a facelift revision.

+1
You are at 4 years so should be fine.  There will always be some loosening of the lift after a few years.  Often adding some volume at this point will help.  If you have very heavy skin you may notice sagging more quickly.

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Revision of midface

+1
If you are four years since your mid face procedure and you feel you have had a relapse, it is certainly reasonable to have a secondary procedure.

Facelift Revision

+1
A picture would be awesome. There is no exact number of times.  One can expect touch up surgeries as the face ages.  The technique certain has an influence on how quickly facial surgery can relapse.  Securing the lifted cheek to strong tissue and with slowly dissolving suture or permanent suture.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Mid Face Lift

+1
Most rejuvenation procedures have a slightly longer longevity that 3- 5 years.  If you feel that your skin is relaxing, you may want to consider a less invasive procedure,  such as C02 resurfacing where the  skin envelope is  tightened as opposed to another lift.  Other devices such as RF will also tighten the skin, but I believe c02 provides the best results. 

J. Kevin Duplechain, MD, FACS
Lafayette Facial Plastic Surgeon