After Face/neck Life I Have a Vein Near Ear, when Toouched It Hurts, WHY?

I had a fece/neck lift and am worried that by my one ear by Cheek I can feel a vein and when I touch it, it hurts. Same thing near hair line where the stiches were, there is a bump and when I put pressure on it, it hurts. Can you tell me what is going on?

My face hurts after a facelift

+1

I agree with the opinions expressed by the other surgeons. Without pictures it is difficult to determine exactly what is causing your discomfort. I would follow up with your surgeon who can do a thorough examination and determine whether or not there are healing issues which need to be addressed.

Pain after facelift

+1

The "value" of your surgeon is not only to perform a procedure but to design the right procedure for you, perform the procedure safely and than treat and guide your healing afterwards.

I am sure he is glad and eminently capable to explain to you what your concerns are and to take care of them.

Call his office and be seen by him. He will not mind and be the best possible person to explain and to treat.(if it needs treatment). Do not forget he did your surgery and knows what technique, sutures etc. he used.

Good luck and lots of patience you will look fabulous.

Guido P. Gutter MD
Evansville Plastic Surgeon

Pain after a facelift

+1

It is really impossible to assess your situation without an examination.  There are many things that could be causing the pain.  I would advise following up with your surgeon to assess whether this a vascular, nerve or inflammatory issue.

Mark Beaty, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Painful vein

+1

Without an exam and a photograph, it is hard to answer your question. In my past experience, painful areas after a facelift that are tender are due to nerve issues, much of which go away with time. It is possible to have a clot in a vein, but that also goes away. Keep in touch with your surgeon over these matters.All the best

Thomas A. Narsete, MD
Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon

Painful vein after facelift

+1

hard to tell without examining you or at least seeing a photo but this "could" be the superfical temporal artery and/or vein and you are experiencing arteritis.

Suggest you see your surgeon for an opinion.

Kind regards

Dominic Bray, MBBS, FRCS
London Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pain after face lift

+1

Hard to diagnose the problem with the information provided. I don't know what type of lift, how long it has been, if you had any complications, what the pain is like, does it radiate, is there any sign of infection, does anything make it worse?

The good news is that most times it is likely a nerve or a stitch, however, this can't be guaranteed.  Do yourself and your doctor a favor.  Call in the morning, go see him in the morning.  You will both be better off.

sek

Scott E. Kasden, MD