After a Face Lift How Many Day Until I Can Move my Head Up and Down?

You should be able to move your head up and down day after facelift.

+4

You should have a full range of motion of your head and neck the day after facelift. However expect your neck to feel tight.

It is important to AVOID quick, stressful movements, lifting and vigorous activity for 2-3 weeks.

Follow your surgeons advice by all means.

Moving head up and down after facelift

+1

When recovering from a facelift, you will want to be mindful of the following things to ensure your healing progresses smoothly:

1) Sleep with your head elevated
2) Avoid bending with your head below the waist
3) Avoid strenuous activity during the initial healing period

How long has it been since your surgery? Moving your head up and down should be doable right after surgery, as long as you are gentle and don't move too abruptly. You may feel some tightness, and the best thing is to listen to your body and avoid anything that causes discomfort. I would recommend following up with your surgeon, as they may have specific guidelines they would like you to follow. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with the rest of your recovery.

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

The head can be moved up and down immediately after a facelift.

+1

I have no problem with full motility of the neck after a facelift. Nevertheless you should solicit the instructions from your own surgeon.

MOVING NECK AFTER FACELIFT

+1

I try not to make a big deal about this. I know some surgeons say don't look down for two weeks and only eat soft food. If a movement feels tight don't do it, simple as that

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Moving post facelift

+1

This should not be a problem post op even the next day.Obviously there will soem tightness and I would avoid hurried motions but t you can move any time with caution and after a week you should be fine.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

After a Face Lift How Many Day Until I Can Move my Head Up and Down

+1

After a face lift, you should be able to do range of motion type of movement on your neck, starting the next day.  Actually, I strongly recommend my patients do that because if they keep the neck in a certain position, they may develop some scar bands, which may interfere with the result.  For that reason, starting range of motion exercising the next day after surgery is a good idea.

S. Ozan Sozer, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

When to start movement ?

+1

Bleeding in the face following face lift surgery is one of  the main concerns for surgeons and it should be for patients also. Blood under the face lift flaps can compromise the final result or even cause a quick return to the operating room to evacuate the blood accumulation. The first 48 hours is the usual time that this can occur but I have had a patient bleed 2 weeks after surgery. Limit your facial movement, i.e. turn with your shoulders, and don't raise your blood pressure, i.e. go to the gym to work on your lower body, power walk. Stay calm and slowly increase your movement and activities at about 2 weeks. A face lift is expensive and extensive. Don't jeopardize your result. 

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Head and neck movement after facelift

+1

Thank you for the question.  Every plastic surgeon has his/her own restrictions following a face lift and this sometimes also varies depending on the facelift type.  I personally just instruct the patients to avoid maximum or extreme head positions .

Dr Remus Reota

Remus Repta, MD

+1

Dear Suzy, 

thank you for your question.  You will find a lot of different responses here I would guess.  The best thing to do as ask your surgeon.  In my practice, my patients wear a compression garment for 1 - 2 weeks depending on what is done and I advise them if a movement feels like it is stretching something in the early few weeks after surgery, then don't do it.  I also have them sleep in a recliner if possible.

Best Wishes, 

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Head movement after face lift

+1

Hi, there.  You can move your head up and down.  As long as you are not "exercising" your neck or making a sudden movement, you should not have limitation on range of motion.  You neck/face may feel tight after facelift from surgery/dressing.  You should also follow your plastic surgeon's postoperative instruction as all surgeons vary in our preferences.

Sugene Kim, MD