After an Extended Breast Lift is It Common for One Breast to Be Higher?

I am 2 weeks post op, but one of my breast is higher(& bigger too) than the other. I believe the higher breast had more trouble with creating a fold during surgery. Some Dr's have told me they will start to fall and get closer over time. Is that true or will i need a revisement? Plus what is an revisement policy? Prior to surgery,the breast hung very low so this is a great improvement...but in clothes I can tell a difference & it bothers me, Plus one nipple has crazy arousal sensitivity.

Breast Lifting Results?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

Given that you are only a few weeks out of surgery,  is much too early to  evaluate the results of the mastopexy procedure. I would suggest that you continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon;  realistic expectations are important in that absolute  symmetry should not be expected. I'm sure your plastic surgeon will do his/her best to achieve the best results possible in the event of significant asymmetry.

Breast lift mastopexy result photos: Perfect symmetry is nearly impossible to achieve and is not natural

+1

Given the relatively early nature of the results, I beleive you have an excellent outcome at this point in time. Breasts are naturally asymmetric and yours appear to be within reason. Perfect symmetry is nearly impossible to achieve and is not natural

Breast surgery asymmetry

+1

It is very common to have breast asymmetry after breast surgery like yours because breasts are asymmetrical to start with. But looking at your picture, so far so good.  You have to remember, it takes a while for things to "settle" so to speak after any surgery. that is hard sometimes to accept because most people expect that afetr a big surgery everyting is ready to go! But you are not a car that just got bodywork, you are human, and that's what humans do when they heal after surgery! Once again, though, looks good so far.

Srdjan Ostric, MD

2 weeks is too early to declare a need of a revision after a breast lift.

+1

The picture posted looks to have yielded a very good result at 2 weeks after operation.  Healing is almost never symmetrical.  You have a lot of remodeling to do over the next few months so be patient.  My guess is that no revision will be necessary.

Breast lift asymmetries

+1

Every pair of breasts has some asymmetry to begin with. In addition, you are too early in the recovery to really get a good grasp on how they will look long term.

Small differences between the breasts are common in the healing process...

+1

At two weeks post op, it is common to have asymmetries.  This is especially true if you were asymmetric to begin with because the lower side may have needed more work to get to the proper position.  This could result in additional swelling.  Ultimately, it takes several months to completely heal.  Presently, you still have some swelling and with time they should improve.  Continue to see your surgeon and discuss your concerns with him or her.

Shain A. Cuber, MD
Edison Plastic Surgeon

Be patient, you are way too early to worry

+1

Congratulations on your surgery.  You are still in the healing process and it takes several months for all the sutures to dissolve and for everything to heal.  Be patient, follow your doctor's instructions, and I'm sure when you are healed you will be happy.  One may still be more swollen than the other.  Good luck.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon