After Explant Surgery, Will Pectoral Pain and Weakness Be As Great As It Was from the Original Surgery?

I am extremely athletic, engaging in activites where I rely heavily on arm balance and core strength. I had severe pectoral weakness after my augment for several months. Should I expect the same extreme muscle issues as the first surgery? How many weeks is a reasonable amount of time to plan for recovery before returning to regular workouts?

Pain and Recovery after Breast Implant Removal?

+1

Most patients who undergo revisionary breast surgery, including removal of breast implants, experienced significantly less discomfort compared to the initial breast augmentation procedure. Recovery and return to work/workouts is generally much quicker.

Breast augmentation revision

+1

it is unlikely you will have as much discomfort and muscle pain with a revision breast augmentation provided a capsulectomy or significantly larger implants are not needed.