After Explant and Capsuletomy, How Long Do I Have to Wait to Drive a Car?

Driving after explant and capsulectomy

+1

Thank you for the question. Your plastic surgeon is in the best position to answer that question. It is based on how extensive the surgery is and on your recovery. Taking narcotic pain medication is a reason for not driving after surgery. Best wishes.

Driving a Car after Surgery

+1

Regardless of the type of surgery you have, you should not operate a motor vehicle while taking pain medication.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Hello

+1

Usually after surgery you can start driving 5 days after surgery. Make sure you are not taking any pain pill medications before driving

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Driving after breast surgery

+1

You should not be driving anything or operating machinery until after you have stopped taking narcotic pain medication.  After that, you must be able to respond to traffic situations that require quick movements, if necessary.  This may be 3 days after surgery or it could be 2 weeks after surgery.   It is best to follow your surgeon's advice regarding returning to normal activities, since the extent and type of surgery will influence your postoperative restrictions. 

Michelle Spring, MD

How Long Do I Have to Wait to Drive a Car?

+1

At a minimum you should be off all narcotic pain medicines. Beyond that I would have to yield to the advice of your surgeon who knows what was done and what bleeding risks you might have in the early postop period should any sudden moves become necessary while driving.

Thanks and best wishes. 

Returning to Driving after Breast Implant Removal/Capsulectomy?

+1

Your plastic surgeon will be in the best position to advise you in regards to returning to activities after your procedure, since every patient responds differently to surgery. Generally speaking, I ask patients to avoid driving until they are completely off medication and can respond to a potential emergency without discomfort/pain.