After an Endoscopic Browlift, Will the Brows Lift More with Time or Are the Results Immediate?

I just had an endoscopic browlift 10 days ago. My brows do look better than before, but they are not as lifted, particularly the lateral brow, as I had expected. I asked my doctor about it, and he said they will continue to lift more with some time, but I can't find any information about that online.

10 days post-op

+2

Brow lifts usually settle down with time as opposed to settle up.  Having said that 10 days still very early to judge the results .

Eye brow will not lift

+2

i believe that the brows will come down and settle after surgery but not go up.  But he may have a different technique that is am unaware.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Will eyebrow lift further postop after Brow Lift?

+2

No, there won't be any scarring or tissue tightening to lift the eyebrows in a higher position from what you see right after the Brow Lift.  In fact, the eyebrows will most likely settle down slightly from there.

Endoscopic browlift will FALL slightly in the months following surgery

+2

Endoscopic browlift will FALL slightly in the months following surgery. The maximum brow elevation that you will see will be immediately following surgery. In anticipation of the descent of the brow during the healing phase, we will often slightly overcorrect the brow position knowing that it will drop. Endoscopic browlift is a great technique but not appropriate for all. If you have heavy brows or a severe brow droop you might be better served by techniques such as tricophytic or coronal type browlift.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

+2

In general, the brows fall over time after a brow lift.  You may want to ask your surgeon why he thinks they will continue to go up. 

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Will they lift with time?

+2

things get looser and lower with time, not the other way around. sorry, the only exception is if the muscle that lifts the brow is weak, that may get better with time. good luck

Rafael C. Cabrera, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Browlift over time does not go up, it goes down.

+2

Browlift over time does not go up, it goes down. The  endoscopic browlift is more limited in how much it can raise the brow than an Irregular Trichophytic Browlift. However, the incision is in the hair with the endoscopic browlift.

Not much more lift...

+2

Depending on the type of fixation used, endoscopic assisted browlifts will usually relax, not elevate, with time. 

Brian Klink, MD
Vacaville Plastic Surgeon

Endoscopic Browlift Results

+1

Post-surgical results after endoscopic browlifts typically will take any where between 3-6 months to finalize.  It is hard to predict after 10 days what the final outcome will be.  Typically the swelling will obscure the actual position of the brows. I would be patient and keep close contact with your facial plastic surgeon.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD