After Low-dose Accutane for a Few Months, is Otoplasty Safe?

I've been on low dose accutane for several months, ranging from 10-20 mg daily, and have recently cut down to 5mg/day. I'm scheduled for otoplasty tomorrow and the surgeon seemed unconcerned about the accutane. However, after reading a few warnings about potential complications, I wanted to get a second opinion/confirmation to ease my anxiety for the procedure.

Surgeries while on Accutane

There are many reports and claims that patients should not seek surgeries while on Accutane. Then, there are conflicting reports that state the medication is out of your system within a day or two. What it comes down to is that people believe that because Accutane thins your skin a bit, your body may not be able to heal as quickly or as well as it should. While I don't necessarily agree with this statement, many hospitals and physicians follow the rule that non-life-threatening surgeries cannot be performed while patients are on courses of Accutane. Your physician needs to determine what he or she is comfortable with.