After Correcting Bottoming out? (photo)

Can a crease be created below the breast after correcting bottoming out to help hide the scar?

Bottoming out

+1

I do not correctly understand your question but I would not advise you to have another scar placed for this correction

Correction of Breast Implant Bottoming Out and Hiding Scar?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.  I am a little unclear as to whether you have already undergone surgery to correct the bottoming out or not but I will do my best to answer question.

You will very likely find that the current scar will be better “hidden” after correction of the breast implant mount position (bottoming out). In my practice, the breast implant malposition would be corrected using internal suture  repair of the breast implant pocket (capsulorraphy).

Unfortunate, it is very difficult to create a  natural looking “crease” surgically. It is not an operation I would offer to you.

For more precise advice, consider sending additional pictures taken further away with your arms by your sides.

You may also find the attached link helpful to you as you do your research.

Creating Inframammary Crease

+1

I definitive crease is difficult to create if none was there to start. You would be best with implant repositioning by a lower capsulorrhaphy. This will lower your scar to a better level on the breast mound curve. Regardless, the scar will fade for the better for up to a year.

Scott R. Brundage, M.D.
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Incision and location on breast

+1

I think that the scar in the lower breast or by the crease is ok.  In the crease, it may show in a bikini.  The scar should fade with time.

High Lower Pole Breast Implant Scar

+1

Without changing the position of the breast implant, the location of the scar can not be moved into the inframmary crease position. Moving the scar into the fold will push the implant upwards. The scar is very noticeable now because it is very red and immature but time will help that considerably.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Hiding the breast scar

+1

The scar stands out because of its red color. That is typical of an early scar. Within a few months that will change to a thin soft white line and no surgery will be necessary. For questions regarding shape of the breast you will need level front and side photos.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Bottoming out after #BreastAugmentation

+1

Without a frontal photo it is impossible to know if you are truly bottomed out or if this was an incision placed too high. With bottoming out, this can be corrected, however if the incision was merely placed too high on the breast, there is little that can be done to correct this. 

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Correction of Bottoming out

+1

From the picture you have given it is difficult to determine if you have bottoming out.  A staight-on picture would better show whether bottoming out exist.

That said, when correcting bottoming out, it is possible to move that scar into the fold or closer to it.  This skin has been stretched and the scar rides higher onto the breast. 

Brian Joseph MD FACS

Brian Joseph, MD

Breast fold after bottoming out

+1

It is possible to set the breast fold when there has been bottoming out, however the goal of correction is centering the implant in the breast and holding it there. The photo you set shows a common occurance of the inframmary incision riding up under the breast despite placement in the breast fold. This is not bottoming out as such, just an incision that is a bit too high in planning.