After Closed Nose Reduction, Some Skin Has Stuck to the Side of my Nose.

After closed nose reduction, some skin has stuck to the side of my nose. Will this come loose by itself with time? Or should I try massaging it?

Skin stuck to nose

+1

If this in the firsat few weeks massage will probably help. Do this before scar tissue sets up. However if this is late, you may need a small procedure to break up the scar

Skin stuck to bridge

+1

You should definitely consult with your surgeon - in the first couple of weeks massage may cause shifting of the fractured bone fragments

Sam Naficy, MD

+1

You did not specify the time frame. So if after 6 months only injections or further surgery can release. But if before 6 months yes try massages. 

Closed Nasal Reduction Complication

+1

It would be unusual for the skin to become stuck into the fracture line, but it could happen.  Soon after the procedure, it should be possible to pull the skin out  with vigorous massage (this will likely be somewhat painful) but if it has been there awhile, you will likely need a small procedure to release the skin.  Potentially, this could be done with a needle in the clinic.  Irregardless, you need to go back to the surgeon that did the closed reduction.

Joseph Campanelli, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon