After Cast Removal-great... 24 Days Post-op Not So Great? (photo)

I had a septo-rhino to correct a long-since broken nose(breathing issue,collapsed nostril, "punched" looking area on front top). At cast removal my nose looked great, albeit a little swollen. 24 days post op, my nostril is fine but I worry it wants to re-collapse and I have developed a small bump where the doctor worked, pre surgery my profile was completely straight(people made it a point to compliment me). Will this resolve itself? I'm worried I may have rolled over in my sleep. Thank you

After Cast Removal-great... 24 Days Post-op Not So Great?

+1

It is too early to assess with the swelling, but the nostril looks to be improved.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Needs time to heal

+1

Hello. At twenty-five days you are still far from your final results and I would advise you to be patient. Rhinoplasty patients will not see the true outcome of their surgery until roughly one year after the initial operation. Any unsatisfactory results can be attributed to swelling at this point.

Jaime Perez, M.D.
Rhinoplasty specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Worried about collapse

+1

I think the nose looks fine and there doesnt seem to be any evidence of collapse on the pictures you submitted. Relax and enjoy your new nose.

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon