What Will Aftercare Look Like Following Removal of Breast Implants?

once my breast implants are removed what should i do to promote healthy looking breasts? What type of bra should I wear after the proceedure??

Post explantation

+1

Explantation of breast implant leaves empty pockets under the breast.  The breast are often stretched out and it is hard to predict how the body will respond to this.

Breast implant Removal?

+1

I'm not sure there is much you can do to “promote healthy looking breasts” after removal of the breast implants. You will need to be very patient as the skin envelope gradually contracts back down (similar to abdominal skin bouncing back after delivery).   My patiients  wake up in a soft supportive surgical bra.

Generally speaking what breasts look like after explantation  depends on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back),  the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation). 

Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will  potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them  to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed.

Please make sure  you are working with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.