After Browsing Info Still Not Sure What to Do About Deep Lines Around Lips

what do you reccomend as the best treatment for the lines around my lips and eyes-have had juverderm treatment but only lasts 3 months and very expensive to carry on

Deep lines

+2

You could try Restylane but, it is quite similar to Juvederm. If the lines are deep enough Radiesse mat be a better choice. Have you considered C02 laser resurfacing?

Treating aging lips

+2

Without photos or a physical examination it is impossible to know exactly what is going on. I assume you are refering to aging lines of the lips. These line extend in a radial fashion out from the lipstick wearing portion of the lips. The tend to be more prominent in the upper lip and in the lips of smokers. I have not been happy with injectable fillers in this setting and prefer CO2 laser with subcision but have also had good results with dermabrasion.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Lip lines

+1
These lines that radiate around the mouth are called perioral lines. Optimal treatment in this area is individualized and depends on their depth, if they are there at rest,; if you are a smoker, etc.  In some cases a combination of procedures is warranted:  resurfacing the lines, using a filler to shape and contour the lip itself and even botox to inhibit some lip motion.  You will need to see an expert .

S. Teri McGillis, MD
Lancaster Dermatologic Surgeon

Deep lines around the mouth do well with dermabrasion and implant when fillers don't last.

+1

Upper lip deep lines can be dermabraded to smooth the skin out and the vermillion border can be made more ridged with a thin lip implant to permanently fix the problem all under local anesthesia.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results, may be used to diminish the appearance of upper lip wrinkles.

+1

Vertical lines in your upper lip may be improved by a carefully performed Injectable Filler treatment. There needs to be a minute amount of product injected directly into the wrinkle, not deep to it. I have had good success softening these wrinkles with Silikon-1000 for permanent results.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon