After Breastfeed, is There Any Solution Without a Surgery to Uplift the Breast? Thank You

Breast Lift Surgery Is Required For Lift After Breast Feeding

+3

Thank you for your question. Although it has been tried, skin tightening procedures such as Thermage, Titan, LuxIR Deep and Ulthera have not provided adequate lifting of the breast to correct sagging after Breast Feeding. In addition, usually the nipple-areola needs to be lifted to a higher position, which requires a surgical procedure.

Breast Lifting Without Surgery?

+1

There is no effective nonsurgical modality to  lift the breasts  after breast-feeding. Although there are lot of “miracle” lotions, potions and technologies that are marketed, effective breast lifting does require excision of skin to some degree.

For some patients, scars on the breasts are a “dealbreaker” and they would prefer to have no surgical procedure performed. For others, (If properly selected and who are doing the operations and the right time of their lives) accept the scars associated with breast augmentation/breast lifting surgery as long as they are happy with the improvement in contour, size, and symmetry. This acceptance of the scars is the essential “trade-off” associated with many of the procedures we do in the field of plastic surgery.

Non surgical options after breast feeding

+1

This is difficult to answer without more information and a photo or physical examination.  Every woman's breasts responds differently to breast feeding.  Most of this depends on how many children she breast fed and for how long.  Breast feeding can affect a woman's breasts dramatically if the breast feeding was for 6 months or greater and when multiple children are breast fed.  As a surgeon, I perform hundreds of breast augmentations and lifts each year and I do not know of a non surgical approach to the problem without just leaving your breasts alone (which is always an option).  All I can suggest is to keep your breasts well supported at all times to prevent further sagging with time.

Milind K. Ambe, MD

Breast changes after breast feeding, breast augmentation alone may be enough

+1

Breast feeding can result in definitive changes to the breast after cessation of feeding.  As the milk producing tissue deflates, the newly created skin can become loose and the remaining breast tissue can sag.

Unfortunately, there is no definitive way at present that I am aware of that can treat loose excess skin without surgical correction.  Breast Augmentation alone without removing excess skin and creating scars on the breast would be the simplest option if patients are the proper candidate.

Shankar Lakshman, MD
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Sagging breasts after breastfeeding

+1

Hello Nilanthi,

I'm afraid there is no non surgical solution to this problem other than a good bra. However, there is a new option other than the vertical scar lift for women who are concerned with visible scars. The Ultimate Breast Lift is a revolutionary technique developed using engineering principles to reshape and provide long term lift with minimal scarring. Breasts are beautifully reshaped restoring confidence to young women who have lost volume due to pregnancy, weight loss, or breastfeeding. It's worth looking into.

Kind regards,

Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon