How Soon After a Breast Reduction Can You Start Shopping for Bras?

I am 1 month post op but I still appear to be swollen.

Breast Reduction and Bra Shopping?

+1

Next time I will suggest that you wait at least 6 months before shopping for anything but inexpensive bras. It will take that period of time for the breast to start taking final “shape”.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastreduction.htm

Breast reduction and bra shoppiing

+1

First, you must check with your doctor in terms of what type of bra they prefer that you buy.  Also, you still may be fairly swollen and you may want to wait another month or two to figure out the right size.

When to go bra shopping after breast reduction

+1

Swelling can persist for a minimum of 6-9 months after surgery. Therefore it is difficult to assess the final size unitil that time has transpired. Therefore, I would wait at least this amount of time before investing in any expensive bras.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/breast-reduction/

Breast reduction and healing

+1

I would ask your plastic surgeon and follow his advice. I usually allow my patients full activity after two or three weeks. Watch my video on breast reduction.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Not time for shopping just yet.

+1

I usually recommend waiting to sized for a bra about 6-8  weeks after surgery.  Even then I tell patient's their breasts may change slightly months down the road and require resizing for a bra.

Dr. ES