Breast Augmentation Revision: How Long Until They Feel Real?

I had salines put in about 4 months ago and did not like them so I had them exchanged for smaller 250 cc silicones through the aerola.They dont seem swollen now 3 weeks after surgery and the incision is healing really well but i can feel the implant in my breast just as much as I did my saline and it is hard and tender at the bottom of my breast.Will they soften up more just like they did before or are they pretty much the final result wen u hav a revision? (I was a small c before implants)

Softness After Surgery: Ask Your Surgeon

+2

With a primary breast augmentation, the breast generally improve in softness during the weeks and months following surgery.

With a revision, it is best to have your surgeon evaluate.  WIthout knowing the specific findings and techniques of your specific surgery, it is impossible to determine if you will soften further.

See your surgeon soon.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after Breast Implant Revision

+1
Thank you for your question.  It is normal for you to have swelling at this point after your revision.  Barring any scar tissue formation, your breasts will continue to soften and it will be 3-4 months before you will see your final result.

Christopher J. Morea, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Revision

+1

Implants, by and large, take 6-8 weeks to see any settling and to see the final shape and contour both for saline and silicone implants. After 3 months you will see the final result and that is when you can tell if there are any contour problems or contracture that they can be addressed.

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Post op breast Augmentation Revision

+1

I would be optimistic that your symptoms will improve over the next two months. It is still quite early but if it persists, get worse or you have a fever, I would see your plastic surgeon.

Richard Linderman, MD

3wks is very early after surgery breast-they will feel different

+1

3wks is very early after surgery, especially if a capsulectomy was performed.  You can be sure to that it will change.  I have attached an information page on healing following breast augmentation at my website detailing what to expect with tips that might help.  Wishing you the best.

Chen Lee MD, MSc, FRCSC, FACS

Chen Lee, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Swelling takes time to resolve.

+1

The firmness you feel is not uncommon. It can take several months for the breast swelling to resolve, particularly after a revision. Techniques such as implant massage can hasten this recovery, but consult with your plastic surgeon prior to starting massage. In most instances, this clears up by 3 months.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation revision

+1

There are many reasons why your implants may still feel somewhat hard, and you should consult with your plastic surgeon to be evaluated. Although silicone implants may feel more natural than saline implants there are other factors which influence the appearance and feel of your breasts after breast augmentation. Since you have already had 2 breast augmentation surgeries you have scar tissue in the breasts and additional surgery may not produce the result you expect.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD

Timing for breast revisions

+1

It all depends on how your breasts are in about 4-6 months.  After this time, all of the swelling will be gone and the breast implants will be fully healed by then.  At this point, if you need any revisions I would do them at this time.  Good luck!

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation revision surgery

+1

It is impossible to tell from the limited information  if you have a problem or if  you may be feeling scar tissue and healing normally.  I would also suggest you follow up with your plastic surgeon for further evaluation.

Stephen Delia, MD

The real feel of breast implants

+1

The softness and feel of a breast implant will not be determined only by the fill, saline or silicone. Other things to consider are the profile of the implant, how cohesive the gel, natural breast tissue to cover, and any degree of capsular tightness. After your revision, by three weeks you probably should not feel a hard area at the bottom of the breast. Best have your surgeon take a look.

peterejohnsonmd