Post Breast Augmentation: Breasts Look Too Long From the Bottom and Perfect From the Top

I just had a mommy make over and had a crescent lift instead of regular lift because I did not have that much skin under the nipple. The doc moved the nipple up an inch. When I went back to the ps 3 days later they looked awful. They looked long; the top of them looked great. Nurse told me to push them up with both hands about 4 times a day for 10 seconds. is that enough? what should I do? wrap them upward maybe??

Breast augmentation issue

+2
I think that without seeing you it is difficult to answer.  It is best to follow your doctor's advice or see him in person to be properly evaluated.

BBA

+1
Can you please post a photo?  It's impossible to comment without seeing what you're concerned about.  Have you gone to see your PS again to discuss your concerns?

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Post op massage

+1
is certainly something that helps maintain pocket size and better appreciation if the pocket is shrinking.  And crescent lifts do elevate the nipple but they can create oblong areola.  Keep your surgeon informed of your concerns, allow yourself to heal, and once considered done, critique your results with your surgeon and find out what options you have then if you remain unhappy.  Your surgeon should be as equally motivated as you are for the absolute best result.

Curtis Wong, MD

Cannot tell much without a photo!

+1
Please call your surgeon.  If you flew in for survey then Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

Crescent lift showing different results from different angles

+1
Thank you very much for your message, it would be useful to see photos of your bust to be able to give you a more detailed opinion as to the cause of your concern.
In most cases breasts do look very different from different angles and it would be useful to see photos from different angles to give the best idea of the reason for the shape of your bust. I hope this information has been useful, we would be glad to review the photographs of your bust when you send them in.

Adrian Richards, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Evaluate your before and after photos with your plastic surgeon

+1
Dear Veronica,

Probably best thing to do is have your plastic surgeon take and print out photo of you before and after.  You can sit down with him/her and discuss what you dont like and what you are concerned about.  He/she can then tell you what will change and what may not change with additional healing.  In general, crescent lift procedures should only be used for mild areola asymmetry.  Anything more than that will likely result in elongated areolas.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Crescent lifts

+1
Crescent mastopexy of lift removes a semi-lunar (crescent moon) shape of skin above the areola and is effective at repositioning asymmetrical nipples or for minimal lifts.  They do nothing for shaping or reducing the areola size and can have an elongated appearance until the scar tissue softens with massage which seems appropriate.  If the problem persists after 3 months, then you can discuss with your plastic surgeon if a full lift is necessary.

Unhappy with breast lift

+1
  • From your description (I saw no photo) you needed more of a lift.
  • It sounds as though your breasts were droopy and the implant is lying above the breast itself,
  • Pushing up the breasts and wrapping yourself are harmless but will not help.
  • See your surgeon, not the nurse.
  • Have a photo taken, during that visit and printed out so you can discuss the result with your surgeon.
  • If your surgeon cannot help or says all is fine when you are sure it is not, get a second opinion from an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD