Horrible Smell in Armpit After Breast Augmentation - Is That Normal?

I had saline implants just a week ago and they were put in through my armpit. Well I gently wash my armpits with Dail antibacterial soap and there is still a nasty smell. I do not have any infections just they smell. I cant use deorderant right now but I figured the smell should go away when washed but it doesnt.

See your surgeon for possible infection

+1
Bad smells from incision sites are generally associated with infection. Please see your surgeon as soon as you can for proper diagnosis. 

Armpit Smell after Surgery

+1

Infection is the only thing to worry about here and, given your unusual complaint, I would not 'self-diagnose' the fact that there isn't an infection.  I would suggest that you let your doctor take a look.

Scott E. Newman, MD, FACS

Bad odor from armpits

+1

If you had a transaxillary breast augmentation a week ago and now have a bad odor formyoru armpits, I would be concerned about an infection. Go see your doctor.

Bad odor from armpits after transaxillary breast augmentation

+1

The cuase of your bad odor is difficult to explain other than the a possible infection. Perhaps medications taken during the recovery period may be responsible for the odor but this is rarely reported by other patients.

Bad smell in armpits after breast augmentation

+1

If you have a persistent odor from the armpits despite washing with soap and water, you may certainly have an infection at the incision site. Call your plastic surgeon and have him/her take a look as soon as possible.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Odor in Armpit after Breast Augmentation

+1

A bad smell under the armpit after surgery is a sign of infection.  If it is an infection you should have some redness and quite possibly a fever.  If you do have these symptoms you need to go back and see your plastic surgeon. 

Robert N. Young, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Transaxillary Breast Augmentation

+1

This is not normal and is a bit alarming.  I would contact and go see your plastic surgeon to look over things.  Wound infections dont usually present themselves until about 7-10 days after surgery.  Some rare but aggressive infections do present earlier than 7 days.

I would recommend seeing your plastics surgeon ASAP.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Foul Smell of Breast Augmentation Incision

+1

If you had a transaxillary breast augmentation and now have a bad smell in the incision area then this may be the start of a an infection.  You need to see your plastic surgeon immediately.  

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS