After Getting a Brazilian Buttlift Can You Do Regular Exercise?

Say that you are completely healed and a year has passed from the getting the Brazilian Buttlift, can you go back to doing regular exercise (i.e. cardio, squats, etc...) or would you have to stay on a special exercise regimen? If you do decide to lose more weight or get toned, will you lose the fat in your butt?

Brazilian butt lift and exercise

Brazilian butt lift is a liposuction fat injection. Which are doing with this procedure is changing storage locations for fat. You're taking all the unwanted storage locations from the abdomen back flank and putting them in the buttocks. So now the buttocks becomes the 1st place where you gain weight in the last place where you lose weight.

Once you've healed from your surgery the fat cells in the buttocks will act like fat cells in any other part of the body. Because now your buttocks is your primary storage location when you exercise you will lose weight from other parts the body before you lose weight from the buttocks. So any exercise you know better and even more curvy. Exercise is good and will only make you look better.

Exercise..... After the Brazilian Butt Lift???

Regarding the Brazilian Butt Lift procedure, you will be told many different recommendations on a site like this.  This procedure is relatively new. Being new, there are still many things that we don't know about it. There are many different opinions as well presumptions.  

I have performed this procedure for about 14 years on hundreds of patients.  I have seen patients of mine up to about 10 years after this procedure all of whom looked as good as they did at about 3 months after surgery.  However, since Brazilian Butt Lift patients usually obtain such a dramatic enhancement of their buttocks and overall body shape, most of them do not feel the need to target their gluts for intensive exercise.  So, I'm not really sure what this will do to the portion of fat cells that are injected into the muscle.  The other fat cells should be fine.

After Getting a Brazilian Buttlift Can You Do Regular Exercise

You can resume all activities by 6 weeks post op.  Once you are healed, the fat that has been transferred will respond just like fat anywhere else- with weight gain, you will get larger, and with weight loss you will get smaller. Good luck!

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

You should be able to resume normal activities 6-8 weeks after your surgery. Your transferred fat will act in fashion and unison with the rest of your body. As you lose or gain weight your buttocks will do the same - but it will do so uniformly. Meaning the relationship your buttocks has with the rest of your body will remain the same.

My recommendation is that you find an ASPS board certified surgeon in your area who specializes in the BBL, and set up an in person consult. An in person consult with an an ASPS board certified surgeon is the only way to determine the best route for your body and your goals.

One Year Post-Op: Normal Exercise Is Appropriate

It’s not unusual for patients to be eager to resume normal exercise routines following Brazilian butt lift surgery.It’s also not unusual for them to be concerned about how exercise will affect the results of this procedure.
In most cases we recommend that patients avoid strenuous activity for at least eight weeks following surgery.Exercise can impact the results of Brazilian butt lift surgery in two significant ways.In some cases, exercise can lead to enlargement of the buttock muscles.This can have a positive effect by improving the contour and muscle tone of the buttock area.In other cases, exercise can result in generalized weight loss.This weight loss is typically proportionate to the weight loss in the surrounding areas.This will ultimately have minimal impact on the contour and aesthetics of the buttock area.
It’s appropriate for someone who’s one year post-op to resume their normal exercise routine.If you have concerns about the impact of exercise on your Brazilian butt lift surgery it’s important to consult your plastic surgeon.Your surgeon should be able to discuss exercise and Brazilian butt lift surgery and alleviate your concerns.

Exercise after Brazilian Butt Lift

Absolutely.  Once you are totally healed, your exercise restrictions will be totally lifted, and you can resume all activities.  Weight loss will cause proportionate fat (and volume) loss in your buttock, but this would happen regardless of whether you had surgery.

Dennis Dass, MD

Can you resume an exercise program after the Brazilian Lift?

You can gradually begin to start exercising 2-3 weeks after the Brazilian Butt Lift.progressing to essentially the full preop regimen about 6- 8 weeks after surgery. You do not have to worry about losing the transplanted fat after that time unless you lose a huge.amount of fat in your exercise program. In fact I encourage my patients to resume exercising within a given time frame.You do want to keep your body toned.

George Lefkovits, MD

Exercise after a fat transfer to the buttock (brazilian butt lift)

You can exercise after a brazilian buttock lift, but should wait a few months to allow for the newly transferred fat to regain its new blood supply. If you lose weight, you will lose weight all over your body (arms, thighs, buttock, abdomen, etc.) You can try to develop the gluteal muscles with certain exercises (squats) but aerobic exercise will cause generalized fat loss over your entire body. If your surgery was one year ago, you should not have any restrictions. Contact your plastic surgeon for more specific instructions.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Exercise after a Brazilian Butt Lift

Hi there-

You should be free to do any exercise you want (although I would definitely clear this with my surgeon if I were you).

With regard to fat loss, the bottom line (pun intended) is that if you lose weight, the fat cells in your butt will get smaller, just as the fat cells everywhere else in your body will. The overall contour of your body (and thus of your BBL result) should be maintained however.

Brazilian Buttock lift

After Brazilian Butt Lift, and complete healing. You acan go back to normal activity and excercise..