How Soon After BR Can I Play Golf?

How Soon After BR Can I Play Golf?

Breast Reduction Recovery

+1
Most patients should plan to take one to two weeks away from work and other obligations to recover following breast reduction surgery. For the first few days, you will need help completing your daily activities. Gradually, you may ease back into your normal routine, although actions such as lifting your arms above your head, heavy lifting, or bending over should be restricted. Strenuous exercise should be avoided for six weeks. The amount of tissue removed and the length of incisions can also affect the healing time.

The earliest would be three weeks after surgery.

+1

If your recovery is uncomplicated then you can be out on the Links as early as three weeks after your surgery. This amount of time is necessary to insure that your incisions have healed appropriately to not be disrupted by the force of your swing. Be sure to check with your surgeon to determine if they have in fact heaedl to the necessary degree.

David A. Ross, MD

Golf after Breast Reduction?

+1

Hopefully you will find your golf swing will improve after breast reduction surgery; it is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform. Your plastic surgeon will guide you with specific return to activity schedule depending on how you are healing/progressing.

Golf after breast reduction

+1

Every surgeon will have his preferrence about exercise after breast reduction so you should ask yours. We find that light activity is fine by just two weeks, and you might be ready for golf after just three. There should be minimal risk, and if you get sore you could just walk the back nine.

Golf after breast reduction

+1
I recommend waiting for 6-8 weeks before resuming golf because of the muscle exertion involved in the golf swing. Mini-golf is a different issue. Discuss this with your plastic surgeon and follow his recommendation.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

BR and activity

+1

Usually for my patients if everything goes smoothly, I tell them to hold off on exertional activities for 6-8 weeks. But I would check with your doctor.