After botox I still noticed my eleven lines between my eyes - could I get a filler then botox?

what do you recommend?

See your injector in 2 weeks

I would wait two weeks before assessing results, then return to your injector to talk about an alternative treatment. Filler could work if your 11s are permanently etched in your skin.

362 Fairlawn Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5M 1T6

Botox, Fillers, and the Eleven Lines

Botox is a great way to treat your "eleven" lines in the glabella area.  However, if these lines are very deep, you may require filler such as Belotero or Restylane to be injected.  It is best to wait two weeks to ensure the lines are completely frozen before the filler is placed since allows the filler to last longer.  Please find an experienced cosmetic dermatologist for the best results.

Michele S. Green, MD

156 East 79th Street
New York, NY 10075

Botox or filler for '11s'

• You may not have had enough Botox.
  • Depending on the strength of your muscles, it can take as little as 5 units or up to 12 or even more.
  • Fillers are avoided if possible in this area - it has many veins and arteries and there are rare cases of filler being injected into the blood vessels and damaging vision.
  • Try Botox at least twice more - injected along the inner and outer '11' muscles.
  • If that does not work, discuss a filler but be sure you are treated by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Dermatologist or Facial Plastic Surgeon - and that you get local anesthesia with epinephrine, before any filler injection in the area. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

2045 Peachtree Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30309

Eleven (11) lines after Botox

If you have very deep 11 lines in your glabella, then it can take a few cycles (12 to 18 months) of Botox treatment for the 11 lines to soften or clear.  I usually recommend to my patients to be patient as their glabellar muscles weaken with the continued Botox treatment.  For more impatient patients, resolution of the 11 lines can be hastened with a number of skin resurfacing or skin care product options in our practice.  I do not typically recommend filler to the gabella because it can cause imbalances in glabella appearance.

Thomas T. Le, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

4785 Dorsey Hall Drive
Ellicott City, MD 21042

I would treat the area with Botox first and wait to make sure the Botox will not solve the issue before turning to a filler. If Botox does not provide a good solution, fillers can be used to treat the lines. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

5410 N. Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85253

I still have 11 lines after Botox

Botox works to inhibit muscle movement so it works to stop dynamic lines from being created. It does not work on static lines - lines that are there whether you are moving your facial muscles or not. So it sounds like you have dynamic and static lines. The Botox has worked to stop the movement, but the lines are still there.

I always recommend Botox first. That way we can see if the lines are totally gone, or there are some static ones that need treatment with a filler. In your case, yes, you may need a filler there to fully treat your lines, but please make sure you see an experienced injector for this. I have had to fix a lot of bad filler injections in this area and it's one that if not done properly, can affect arteries and could even lead to blindness. So you must see an experienced physician for filler injections in this area.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

8937 W Sahara Ave
Las Vegas, NV 89117

Botox for the glabella

I would not recommend filler for the glabella, as injecting filler in this area can be dangerous. Follow up with a board certified physician who is experienced performing Botox injections for the glabella. A plastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon, or dermatologist are each a great choice. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

120 South Spalding Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

11s after Botox

Great question.  You may need more Botox or possibly need supplementation with a filler in that area if the creases were too deep.  Give it a bit of time and then see a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist to inquire about additional treatment.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

112-03 Queens Blvd
Forest Hills, NY 11375

Treatment of 11 lines - Botox and Filler combinations

I would recommend treatment of the glabellar muscle group between the eyebrows with adequate dosing and then following up with your injector a couple of weeks later - dermal fillers could be placed at that time to further soften the 11-lines. Make sure you discuss the risks of filler injections in this particular area with your injector.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

4915 25 th Ave NE
Seattle, WA 98105

The Eleven Area Question

I would recommend a neurotoxin first to paralyze the corrugator muscles in the area of the 11. If the correction is not complete, a filler is indicated. Hope this helps

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

776 Northfield Avenue
West Orange, NJ 07052