After Getting Botox on my Crows Feet New Wrinkles Appeared Next to my Mouth. Will They Go?

Will these new wrinkles go away? It's been 2 mo. Since the injections. I am 31. It's like the wrinkles moved from my eyes to my mouth.

Wrikles adjacent to Mouth after Botox Injections in Crows Feet

+1

It is impossible for injections of Botox into the crows feet adjacent to your eyes to cause wrinkles around your mouth. I assume you have talked to your physician about your concerns. Submitting pictures to physicians on this site would be helpful.

Mouth Wrinkles Not Related To Botox

+1

The wrinkles which you noticed developing around your mouth after having Botox injected into your crow's feet area were not caused by the Botox.  Rather than representing a "cause and effect" situation, this was incidental and unrelated.

John Whitt, MD

Botox and new crow's feet

+1
Botox does not create new wrinkles. When one area of the face is treated, other issues become more apparent to the patient. There is literally an amnesiac effect in which patients dispute that they had lines before which are evident in pre-procedure photographs. You are more aware of other wrinkling after treatment of other areas of the face.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Botox of crows feet should not create lines near the mouth

+1

Botox when treating Crow's feet at the sides of the eyes, should not induce wrinkles near the mouth.  Sometimes providers inject too close to the lower inner cheekbone area and this could affect the muscle that elevates the upper lip at its corner which could cause a droop.  Drooping of the upper lip would cause less lines at the cheek to the side of the mouth, but possibly, you might have a droop of the cheek, pushing on the lower outer chin skin causing a groove there.  Any change, if induced by Botox, is temporary and should go away when the Botox no longer causes the relaxation of the muscle, which should be about four months.

Ronald Shelton, MD

+1

I have used neurotoxins like Botox, Dysport and the newer Xeomin for over 20 years and IMHO, Botox injected into the Crow's feet can't cause peri-oral lines and wrinkles.

New wrinkles after Botox injections

+1

Botox injections for crow's feet will not cause new wrinkles around the mouth. I believe one of the most important reasons for taking pre-treatment photographs is for just this reason. It is not uncommon for a patient to return to my office to show me a "new" wrinkle that has appeared after their treatment, often after filler injections. They are always amazed when I show them their pre-treatment photo which clearly shows the "new" wrinkle. Now that you are more closely examining your face, it's surprising to see things you have never noticed before.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox

+1

I do not think that the Botox injected for your crow's feet has anything to do with the wrinkles you are seeing around your mouth.  Talk to your plastic surgeon regarding treatment options for the area around your mouth.

Best Wishes!

New wrinkles after Botox

+1

It is impossible that the lines around your mouth have anything to do with the injections that were done on your crow's feet. These two things are unrelated and the lines by your mouth are just a sign of aging. I hope you are using a good daily sunscreen, but if you'd like to treat the lines by your mouth you'd need to get dermal fillers, like Restylane or Juvederm there. But the lines did not form or come from the Botox treatment - there's no way they are related.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD