How Soon After Having Botox Can You Fly?

Flying and Botox

+2

There is no issue as far as Botox treatments and flying (whether as passenger or pilot ;).  Generally speaking we advise no rubbing the treated area or laying down flat for 4 hours after your Botox. Air pressure or elevation should not be of any concern.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and flying

+2

Although there are no scientific reports of which I am aware that flying or the pressure differential in the air affects the Botox, I recommend that my patients don't fly until the next day. Probably, there would be no problem flying even four hours later as we use that time restriction to tell our patients not to lie flat or bend over at the waist to "touch their toes." There has been no firm scientific evidence that even that is crucial.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Botox and flying

+2
There is no contraindication to flying after Botox. My recommendation is that patients shouldn't lay flat for four hours after injections around the eyes. Happy travels!

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Botox and Flying

+2

Since the uptake of Botox by the targeted muscles is rapid(1-2hours) there should be no problem flying.

However, stooping to pick up a piece of luggage during the first 2 hours may cause the Botox to diffuse into unwanted areas.

If there is even mild loss of pressure, there is a remote possibility that you may bruise more easily.

Eugene Mandrea, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

You can travel immediately.

+2

It is safe to travel immediately after injection of Botox or Dysport.  Some things that need to be considered for safety, however, include no immediate exercise and minimal heavy lifting.

Happy travels,

Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Botox and flying

+2

There is no issue regarding Botox and flying.  Patients can fly immediately after treatment.

Lori Stetler, MD
Dallas Dermatologic Surgeon

Fort Lauderdale Botox

+2

Cabin pressurization or altitude do not affect Botox treatment. I have a large number of flight attendants & pilots who have the procedure & work the same day.

Will Richardson, MD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and flying

+2

Assuming the Botox is used for facial plastic reasons, and not medical indications, there is no reason one cannot fly immediately after Botox injections.  

David Alessi, MD

There is no reason to wait to fly after having Botox.

+2

Botox treatments involve precise injections of a small quantity of solution into a few small muscles in the face using an extremely small needle.   There is no reason to avoid flying immediately following treatment. 

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

+2

The only thing effect that you feel with flying is a change in atmospheric pressure.  This change in pressure will not affect the effectiveness of botox.  This means that you can fly immediately after receiving botox.

Donald M. Brown, MD