After Blepharoplasty surgery, my eyes are not even. Why?

I had Blepharoplasty surgery on 26.03.2014. During when my eyes were swollen I noticed it is evenly swollen. But after 5 days my eyes were no longer even, being 1 big and 1 small. Should I ask the doctor to make correction? or should I wait longer? In your opinion, why is my eye uneven? Is it the error of my doctor? Please advice. tq

Blepharoplasty healing

+1
  • You have had a recent blepharoplasty,
  • You must wait 6 - 12 months before doing any further surgery.
  • Swelling takes time and what is swollen one day will be different the next.
  • Patience is essential after surgery. Best wishes.

Eyelid swelling after surgery - please be patient

+1
Most of us have mildly asymmetric faces, even those with attractive faces.  The point at which ‘normal’ asymmetry becomes ‘abnormal’ cannot be easily defined and is often determined by the clinician’s sense of balance and the patient’s sense of imbalance. Over my years of experience, I have observed that the patients "sense of imbalance" is unnaturally heightened after any cosmetic procedure.
I routinely counsel patients to avoid "mirror scrutiny" in the early post operative phase (up to 2 weeks) & encourage  realistic expectations.
Eyelids swell & can swell asymmetrically - lasting anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 months.
Your lids appear to be settling well, so I would recommend patience.

Sabrina Shah-Desai, MS, FRCS
London Oculoplastic Surgeon

Asymmetry after Blepharoplasty

+1
 I would recommend waiting at least 6 months .
Eyelids heal different so this may cause some difference for some time.
If you are still concern about this asymmetry after a year you should consider to have it fix if it bothers you that much.
  You take care.

Gustavo Almanzar, MD

You and your surgeon would be crazy to do anything right now but wait.

+1
Please do not make your surgeon crazy.  Please be patient.  There is nothing going on that won't get better if you are patient.  You have eyelid swelling.  Eyelids swell differently.  In a career of doing this, I have never seen two eyelids swell exactly the same on each side.  What is a reasonable time to wait?  I would recommend waiting 4 to 6 months minimum.  Many would say 6 to 12 months and they would not be wrong.  My prediction is that if you are patient, the symmetry will get better and the swelling will go away and you should have a very nice result.  Take home message: let yourself heal.