How soon after a BBL can I put pressure on buttocks or lay flat on my back? How soon after can I lay on tummy after a TT?

BBL and sleeping position

+1

I think for the first few weeks it is best to avoid sitting on your buttocks As for sleeping, I would say whatever position is comfortable but probably on your stomach after the BBL.

Can One Have A BBL And TT At The Same Time?

+1
The implied question here is, "can one have a tummy tuck and a Brazilian butt lift at the same time?" If one lies on one's back for a tummy tuck yet has to keep pressure off the buttocks for a BBL, then how is it possible to do these simultaneously?
After a tummy tuck, one can lie flat on their stomach at about 2 weeks. This allows early scar formation at the suture line. Obviously, if it hurts, don't do it. Also, don't try to lie flat on your stomach if you cannot stand up straight first.
The amount of time it takes for the fat cells which are transferred to the buttocks region in a BBL to start gaining vascularity is usually 3-5 days. Since these cells and their blood supply are fragile at this point, giving 2 weeks post surgery should allow survival of most of the cells.
The short answer to both questions above is 2 weeks.
Why would one do a BBL and a TT at the same time? Very often, the patient has limited fat cells and there are fat cells in the portion of the abdomen that is going to be discarded in the tummy tuck, and therefore these should be used as part of the graft material for the BBL. Also, the reality is most people don't have the time or the money for multiple surgeries, therefore putting the TT and the BBL together becomes necessary in the real world.
After a tummy tuck and a BBL, one can lay on one's side in the fetal position taking pressure off both areas. Also, strategically placed pillows can protect the buttocks and its new fat cells while staying in the lawn chair position to protect the new suture line on the abdomen.
Therefore, one can definitely have a BBL and a TT at the same time, and I personally have done over 250 combined surgeries of this nature with excellent results.

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon