How Soon After my BBL Procedure Should I Start Post Surgery Massages? Masajes Linfaticos?

Brazilian butt lift and postop massage

+2

Massage following liposuction or the Brazilian butt lift should start as soon as possible. The massage helps to remove the fluid due to swelling and the sooner you remove the fluid the faster they healing will begin.

Massage will also decrease the pain after surgery because the pain is caused by the swelling if you remove the swelling it also remove the pain. It is painful during the massage but after massage you will have less pain than you did before the massage.

It's best to do mini massages early instead of in a one-week for many weeks. Your greatest benefit will be in the massages done early not the massages done a month or 2 after surgery.

Massage based on individual protocols

+1

Each surgeon has a protocol that differs from the next. In my practice I do not perform a massage. The reason for that is I want the fat to stay in the location it was placed. A massage could potentially move the fat to a less desirable location. All other areas do not need massages because it has been liposuctioned. It does however need compression (except the buttocks)  24/7 for the first 2-3 weeks. There are no right or wrong answers or hard evidence one way or another. It is simply what works best  int he hands of individual surgeons. Speak with your plastic surgeon about his/her protocol.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

When to begin to massage will be determined by the surgeon depending on where the fat was placed, and how much. Thank you for your question and good luck.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon