How Soon After Bad Rhinoplasty W/ Overrated Tip Can I Try Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty?

My tip was elevated with Medpor tip top graft /ear cartilage in open revision rhino 8 weeks ago. I have thick skin & I know part of what I'm seeing is normal swelling, but I feel incredibly self-conscious & pug-nosed.I don't think I'm infected, but this was an overcorrection I regret. When is it safe to seek a filler to slightly lengthen/downturn the nose again & what should I seek?My surgeon provided prednisone instead of Kenalog injections & admittedly refuses to administer Kenalog at all.

+1

This early after rhinoplasty, it is premature to be concerned about the final result.   At 6 months, you may feel differently.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Indications for nonsurgical rhinoplasty

+1

Unfortunately filler will not be able to lengthen/counter-rotate the tip of the nose.  The only safe, reliable way achieve that is by using cartilage grafts (such as: septal extension graft, extended spreader grafts).  The positive is that since you are so early from surgery, the tip of your nose may turn down a bit as the swelling resolves and look less "pug" like.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD