After Having a Baby How Long Do I Have to Wait to Get Butt Implants?

I'm having a baby and I am wondering how long after having my baby I can get my producer done I'm interesting in getting butt implants?..

Buttock implants after pregnancy

+1

Multiple factors will determine when is the best time to have surgery after pregnancy.  In general you should wait at least 2 months after cessation of breast feeding and until you have approached your baseline pre-pregnancy weight.  You should also consider that it takes at least 2-3 weeks after surgery until you will adequately be able to take care of your baby again without assistance.  See additional information below:

Allow me to share with you some information that you may not hear elsewhere. There are only two proven safe and relatively effective methods for Buttock Augmentation and Hip Augmentation: 1) Autologous Fat Transfer (using your own fat, transferring from one area of the body to the other) and 2) Buttock/Hip Implants (semi-solid silicone rubber implants that cannot rupture &/or leak). Both are very good options so what it comes down to, like any surgery, is proper patient selection. Indeed because at least 50+ % of the fat transferred will melt away within a year, most patients are not good candidates because they lack an adequate amount of fat to harvest. Another tip is that if you gain weight for the procedure, the fat that you lose first when you go back down to your baseline weight after surgery is in fact that fat that you originally gained and transferred into your buttocks...so don't fall victim to this recommendation.  Although using your own fat is relatively safe, the one serious complication that can rarely (< 1%) happen is "fat embolism" in which some of the fat gets into the blood stream and travels up into the lungs, heart, and/or brain causing serious problems. This complication is more likely to happen with the larger amount of fat being transferred. This can also happen when using fillers like PMMA and hyaluronic acids. Also fillers, when injected in large quantities, have a relatively high tendency to migrate away from the original area they were placed and tend to stimulate a lot of inflammation and subsequent scar tissue/hardening.

Thus buttock/hip implants become a very good, safe, and long term reliable option for most patients seeking buttock augmentation (at least in my practice). I prefer to insert the buttock implants through a single 2 ½ inch long incision over the tailbone (concealed within the crevice between the buttock cheeks) and the hip implants through a ~ 1 inch incision just below the beltline above the hip region. The buttock implant should always be placed under or within the gluteus maximus muscle. In this position, the implant is less palpable, less visible, and does not sag or shift/migrate over time unlike implants placed on top of the muscle. Therefore it is extremely important to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in this procedure. And in this case too, at least in my surgical practice, the infection rate is minimized to ~5%. Glad to help… @drryanstanton

Butt Implants after Pregnancy

+1

Weight stabilization and cessation of breast feeding are important before this type of surgical procedure.  If you have very little body fat at that time, butt implants may be the only viable option.  However, if you have body fat stores, consider a Brazilian buttlift.

Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Hello Ms. SweetieFranklin

Idealy you need to wait for at least 3 months after you stop breast feeding. By then weight has stabilized, engorged blood vessels are no more engorged, and hormonaly you re stable.

However you need to remember that BBL is a major surgery and you will need a significant amount of recover time. Therefore you will need a significant amount of help with the new baby. Do the surgery when all these issues are resolved.

Timing for Butt Implants after Pregnancy?

+1

Congratulations on your pregnancy.

I would suggest that you achieve a long-term stable weight/shape prior to proceeding with any type of body contouring procedure. Every patient's body will respond differently after pregnancy; therefore, it is not possible to give you a specific time period.

Best wishes for a smooth pregnancy and Merry Christmas!