After 8years of Having Breast Implants,the Left Implant is Coming Away on One Side Why Would This Happen,what Are my Next Moves?

after 8years of having breast implants,the left implant is coming away on the cleverage side. when lying down i can feel underneath my implant almost like the silicone is crunching a feeling when felt by hand. so far tight sports bras and heat bags are my short term solution... why would this happen,what are my next moves?

Breast implant problems

+1

After having your breast implant for 8 years, there are several things that could be causing you problems. Without pictures and examining you, it is difficult to assess what is really going on. If your implant pocket is too big and the implant is sloshing around inside the pocket, you will need this tightened. A large pocket with atrophied overlying breast tissue could account for the breast looking like its coming off the chest wall and you feeling like you can feel underneath your implant. Another possibility, especially with your description of getting  a crunching feeling, is that you have a type of capsular contracture. Breast capsules get stiff and calcified resulting in this crunching feeling with palpation. If this is the case, I would also be worried that your implants may be ruptured. Your next step would be to consult a plastic surgeon to determine the cause of these problems that you describe and develop a treatment plan for you.

Implant pocket

+1

Based on your question, it sounds like the breast pocket is too big and needs to be revised. This is usually an outpatient procedure. 

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Implant pocket issues

+1

If your implant pocket is too large and feels that the implant is falling off to the side, you  may need a capsule tightening procedure.

Breast Implant Displacement Problems?

+1

I am not sure I understand what you mean when you say the breast implant is “coming away on one side”. It may be that you are experiencing a breast implant displacement problem. If so, revisionary surgery may be helpful;  manipulation of the breast implant pocket may be necessary to keep the breast implant in proper location.

In person examination by board-certified plastic surgeons with significant experience performing with visionary breast surgery will be in your best interests.