After 5 Weeks Post Face and Neck Lift, I Have a Bunch of Skin Under my Ear Which Forms a Crease in my Neck. Feels Very Lumpy?

Cosmetic Surgery is an art and a science

Thanks for the question. You may see changes like this for a few months while the wounds heal. Feel free to discuss this with your surgeon. Gentle massage may help this along..Dr Thomas Narsete Austin. Tx

Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon

3701 S. Clarkson
Englewood, CO 80113

Lumpy Skin Bunch After Facelift

Firmness and some lumpiness are normal 5 weeks after facelift surgery; . Bunching of skin may or may not be within normal limits - a photograph would be helpful for better judgement. Of course, your facelift surgeon will know best.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

428 Shrewsbury Street
Worcester, MA 01604

Lump of skin by ear after facelift

Depending upon what type of facelift you had will determine why this is occurring. Sometimes with short scar facelifts the skin is not redraped behind the ear. This can lead to bunching. Photos would be helpful.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Photos would be good to see

It is too early to say.  You should wait about 8 to 12 weeks and know that some skin bunching during this time is normal.

Andre Aboolian, MD

120 South Spalding Drive, Suite 233
Beverly Hills , CA 90212

5 Weeks After Facelift

Some degree of lumpiness, creasing, and minor contour irregularities are not unusual 5 weeks after a Facelift.  I would expect these concerns to improve over the next few weeks.  Sometimes lymphatic massage is helpful, in addition to time and patience.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

9407 Cypress Lake Drive
Fort Myers, FL 33919

Creases after facelift

Thank you for your question. It is possible to have some excess skin behind the ears after certain types of facelifts. This is especially true in short scar techniques. Most commonly, these soften and flatten over time. If not, they can be revised relatively easily.

Given that you are only 5 weeks post op, I would suggest giving the creases more time to resolve on their own. If there are any concerns, I would have your plastic surgeon take a look.

Best of luck with your continued recovery.

Jeff Rockmore

Jeffrey Rockmore, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

455 Patroon Creek Blvd
Albany, NY 12206

Creases behind the ears after facelift will soften with time

With the generalized facial swelling that patients experience after a facelift, its common to have some creasing and pleating in the wound closure behind the ear. I see them in my own patients and they soften and 'flatten' with time. Talk with your PS about your concerns.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

4915 25 th Ave NE
Seattle, WA 98105

5 Weeks Post Face and Neck Lift, Skin Bunching Under Ear

Skin bunching and wrinkling will likely improve over a period of months.  Sometimes, the bunching or wrinkling needs to be revised.  Without any pictures or an exam though, it is difficult to give any more information.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Lumpiness after facelift

Lumps and bumps are sometimes part of the healing process and you will need to give it some time before determining whether revision will be required. Continue to followup regularly with your plastic surgeon and to ask questions, if need be.  Best wishes.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

112-03 Queens Blvd
Forest Hills, NY 11375

Lumpiness after facelift surgery

Lumpiness is normal.  Full healing takes one year.   You will be much better in on month and happy after 4 to 6 to12 months.   These procedures take patient participation and patience.  The patient's part of the deal is cooperation and  patience in healing.  Anxiety does not help.  Mild massage, facials, and sleeping with head elevated helps.  A mild heating pad treatment  also can speed this along.   My Best   Dr C.

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

1515 El Camino Real
Palo Alto, CA 94306