After 25 Years I Was Finally Told I Had Gum Disease. Can This Be Successfully Treated Before Implants?

Can gum disease be treated

+1

Your gum disease can be in a state that is not reversible, or it may be  in the early stages.Asking about implants is surprising as it has nothing to so with gum disease and every thing to do with  replacing teeth. are you losing our teeth due to gum disease?

Please give further detail for a more appropriate answer.

Orange County Cosmetic Dentist

Gum Treatment Before Implants

+1

The general answer to your question is YES.  However depending on the amount of bone loss and the location of the bone loss some additional procedure (like bone grafting) may be necessary  before Implant placement.

Jean D. Morency, DMD
Houston Cosmetic Dentist

Gum disease, can it be treated before implants

+1

You have not given us enough information regarding your case to answer it appropriately.  There are many different stages of gum disease and it can effect how implants are treated in your mouth as well

Leonard Tau, DMD
Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist