How Will I Look After a 2000 Gram Breast Reduction?

I am 5'8 200 lbs, my breast are about a 40 E-F, my breast are not dense and are saggy. I am scheduled to have a reduction of 1000 grams from each breast and afraid that I may look like a boy afterwards. How much of a decrease in cup sizes would you say this will be and do you think this is extreme. I am worried that my breast will be to small for my frame, my PS says it won't. He is predicting a 38-40 large B-small C. What do you think?

You should do great with your breast reduction and look like a women

+2

With your height and weight and the size of your breast that you describe you should get  great result. It really isn't about what you take off but what you leave behind and how you shape the breast tissue. Also the amount of breast tissue to be removed is an estimate and the procedure with be done in a way that should leave you with a nicely shaped, reasonable size breast. You do however need to make sure the surgeon know that if you would rather be bigger or smaller after surgery. 

Talk to your surgeon!

+2

1000 gram reduction per breast is a large reduction but is necessary in some patients.  Generally patients wear full B -small C bras after surgery.  Without seeing your pre-operative photographs it is difficult to predict what you will look like after your surgery.  Discuss these concerns with your surgeon before surgery.  Make sure there is clear communication betweeen the two of you regarding size expectations.  Bring photographs with you to demonstrate what you would like to look like after the surgery.

Marisa Lawrence, MD

Cup Size after Breast Reduction?

+1

Congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast adduction surgery; it is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

Unfortunately, no plastic surgeon is able to predict exactly what cup size you will be  are exactly what you will look like after breast reduction surgery. In other words, there is no correlation between grams of tissue removed and resulting cup size or look. Furthermore as you know, cup sizes vary depending on who makes the bra; this makes discussing cup size an inaccurate way of communicating your goals. 

In my practice I use goal pictures to communicate with patients.  With this technique patients are able to demonstrate what they are trying to achieve and what type of looks they do not like as well.   The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
 I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible. 

Breast reduction

+1

What size will you be after surgery?  I do not know without an exam.. I do perform a lot of reductions on women of your size and 1000 gms off per side on  very large breasts should leave a reasonable amount of tissue to make a nicely shaped breast in most cases.

Breast reduction-post op size

+1

When doing a breast reduction the insurance companies dictate the minimal amount to be removed.When I do a breast reduction I try to satisfy the insurance company and at the same time may the patient proportional to their body size whatever that may be.I really don't know what a c or d cup  is because it will vary from one bra manufacturer to another.But I think you will be fine.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

1000 GR Reduction in Each Breast Sounds Appropriate

+1

I think that you will be happy with a 1000 gram reduction of each breast.  If you are now wearing a E or F cup bra, my guess is that  a 1000 gram reduction will leave you in the C/D cup range which should not "leave you looking like a boy".

John Whitt, MD

Breast reduction

+1

At 5'8" you are significantly above your ideal body weight and I would estimate that your breasts are significantly larger than the average breast reduction. A 1000 gm per breast reduction may not be as dramatic as you think.

Look After a 2000 Gram Breast Reduction

+1

A posted photo would help. But if a TOTAL of 2,ooo per side or on both is the question??? If each breast will be 2,000 down that a small c to mid c. Hope that is what you desire. Discuss in detail with the surgeon, please. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski, 305 598 0091