After 16 Weeks What Will Happens to my Eyelashes if I Don't Use Latisse Anymore?

What happens after you stop Lattisse

+2

Once you have found your "happy eyelash length" Latisse should be continued at a less frequent use- 1-2x week for example. If you stop completely, your eyelashes, like all hairs will resume the hair cycle that they are in, and in a few months you will see your longer lashes shed (as they were supposed to), and the shorter (your lashes without medication) will come in.

Germantown Dermatologist

Eyelash effects if Latisse stopped

+1

As the panel members stated, your eyelashes will return gradually to their normal baseline as the hair growth cycle continues.

However, in our experience, those that only used Latisse 1-2x per week after reaching optimal results, were not able to maintain the desired outcome initially achieved.  We have found that 3-4 x per week is a much better regimen for maintenance.

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/latisse-eye-lash-enhancement-overview.aspx

How long do I need to continue using Latisse?

+1

Latisse usually causes a noticeable increase in the length and thickness of eyelashes between 4 to 16 weeks after recommended application nightly along the upper eyelid.  It causes the eyelashes to remain in the growth phase of the cycle.  Once the desire effect is observed, a maintenace dosage of one to twice weekly is recommended to continue the cosmetic effect.  If complete discontinuation occurs, as your eyelashes are replaced, their normal cycle of growth and inactivity occurs and the lengthening and number will go back to your baseline.

San Diego Ophthalmologist

What happens to eyelashes when you stop using Latisse

+1

After reaching your target length/fullness of your eyelashes, it is recommended that you continue using Latisse once to twice weekly for maintenance.  If you stop using Latisse, your eyelashes will slowly return to their pretreatment appearance.

Tarrytown Dermatologic Surgeon

What Happens When You Stop Using Latisse

+1

Latisse is a prescription-only solution that has been proven to stimulate the growth of eyelashes. Latisse works by increasing the amount of time each eyelash hair remains in the growing phase. Within two to four months, your eyelashes can become longer and thicker. After three or four months, Latisse can be used much less frequently to maintain longer, thicker lashes.  I recommend to my patients that they continue application of Latisse twice weekly for as many years as they wish to continue to have longer eyelashes. When you stop using Latisse your eyelashes will gradually return to the way they were before you started treatment.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/latisse/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon