11 Years After Blepharoplasty Left Side is Puffy with a Small Wart, What Should I Do?

Hi, I had upper and lower blepharoplasty in August 2000 in Boston. Right side was and still is nice, left side has always been poorer in aspect and for one year has been becoming puffy with a small wart. What are the options?

Lower eyelid "wart" needs to be examined and possible biopsied

+1

Based on your photo, there is a mild asymmetry between the lower eyelids. There is a mild lower eyelid prolapse on the left side, but, even not seeing your cheeks/midface fully, it looks like you have  a flat, deflated cheek which could use filler or fat to increase volume. This will likely improve the lower eyelid asymmetry.

As as the lower eyelid bump goes. It needs to be examined and possible biopsied to make sure it is not a skin cancer.

Good luck

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lower blepharoplasty revision

+1

Since your original surgeon gave you a long lasting result that you mostly liked I suggest you go back to see him or her.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Sounds like it is time for a revisional blepharoplasty.

+1

11 years of benefit is actually pretty good.  The lower eyelid could be revised to get additional improvement.  This is reasonable.