I Am an African American Women with Bad Acne Scars, What Would You Recommend to Get Rid of It? (photo)

And i think my skin is also discolared. How can i go back to my regular skin tone?

Acne Scarring in African America Skin and dark skin

+1

The discoloration could benefit from topical agents. The scars may need multiple different procedures. I would like to get your scars to raise up to the level of your normal skin then consider fractional co2 resurfacing.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Acne Scar Treatment for African American Skin

+1

There are different options for treating acne scars and hyperpigmentation, such as bleaching creams (hydroquinone), chemical peeling, dermabrasion, and laser therapy. For patients with darker skin tones, I typically use the Fraxel Dual laser, with some combination of treatments. These lasers are able to address the deeper collagen structures that cause scarring, as well as the melanin production that causes discoloration.

Web reference: http://www.finetouchdermatology.com/los-angeles-acne-scar-treatment/

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

African American Woman with Acne Scars and Discoloration

+1

It is hard to assess how deep your scars are from these photos.  They are definitely darker than your normal skin.  You can start by using some bleaching cream.  This may help fade the hyper- pigmentation, but should not affect  your normal skin color as much as the abnormal color.  A chemical peel such as the VI Peel can also help with discoloration and is safe for African American skin.  Sunscreen is absolutely important for you as well.  Depressed acne scars are difficult to deal with in any patient. If the scars are stretchable, you may want to try some filler to raise the scars up and help stimulate collage production.

Beverly Hills Dermatologist